ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
One Acre Fund (Tubura) is a NGO which serves more than 500,000 smallholder farmers in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. We offer each of our clients a package of services which include credit, access to agricultural inputs, and training which allows them to increase their harvest and their income. Established in Burundi since 2012, we are a rapidly growing organization. In 2017, we served more than 90,000 families in five provinces: Muramvya, Mwaro, Gitega, Kayanza, and Ngozi. We currently employee more than 700 Burundians. For more information please visit our website: www.oneacrefund.org
Working closely with Corporation Operations Lead, our People Division and Global Health, Safety and Security (HSS) Manager to frame our HSS strategy and protocols, the HSS PS will collaborate with in-country external relations team and our health and security partners on field.
She/he will manage and adapt continually our existing HSS systems and protocols to meet our Minimum Standard requirements at the country level: developing risk assessments and proposing risk reduction measures, developing, maintaining, updating and implementing when necessary, security protocols and operating procedures. She/he will report directly to the Corporate Operations Lead and the Global HSS Manager.
Roles and responsibilities
Security information gathering & communication
- Attend minimum monthly meetings with local security stakeholders
- Serve as the go-to country point of contact for security stakeholder engagement.
- Cultivate an excellent working relationship with local security force personnel, OAF's security services provider (like KK Security, ASEC,etc) , and any other relevant security stakeholders (OSAC, Security Focal Points).
- Use the HSS-created Security Information Gathering trackers to document information gathered during meetings, and analyze trends/forecasts.
- Regular weekly check-ins with Global HSS to discuss findings and determine strategy for security information dissemination
- Send regular weekly security updates to country leadership.
- Send ad-hoc security updates to all staff when circumstances require - i.e. event-related security or health updates
- Coordinate with Global HSS to produce quarterly all-staff HSS updates.
Regional Security Risk Assessments
- Work with Global HSS to review the country/regional security risk assessment as frequently as required.
- The baseline risk assessments require review every six months.
- The full security risk assessments require an in-depth review at minimum every year.
- Work with field operations leadership to undertake security risk assessments of areas field staff are traveling to, or potential expansion regions.
OAF Site security minimum standards
- Ensure HSS-MSAT compliance at any staff residences managed by OAF and at all office locations.
- Use the Rural Housing Assessment template to gather information on the existing security measures in place at proposed housing options for staff opting to receive the rural housing stipend.
- Pre-empty problems before they arise, and liaising with internal stakeholders to enact effective control implementation.
- Work with Global HSS to develop recommended risk mitigation measures for offices or residences.
- Ensure First Aid Kits and Sexual Assault Kits are re-stocked appropriately with up-to-date supplies.
Medical Facility Assessments
- Use the Health Facility Evaluation template to evaluate hospitals, clinics, and ambulance services in OAF regions of operation. Update as needed.
Emergency Response Planning & Coordination
- Work with Global HSS to gather information and develop Emergency Response Plans for each OAF location.
- Act as the primary point of contact and response coordinator for all medical/security incidents involving JG1-4 staff during office hours.
- Act as secondary responder to all medical/security incidents involving JG5-7 staff, providing guidance and security expertise to all Emergency Response Volunteers (ERVs)
- Act as primary police liaison for all incidents involving One Acre Fund.
- Act as primary liaison with One Acre Fund’s subcontracted private security company.
Security Onboarding & Guidance
- Provide the security-related on-boarding information to all newly hired JG1-4 and JG5-7 staff.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on HSS-related issues and advising country leadership on best-practices.
- Before guest arrival, provide a security briefings to staff/visitor from non-program country staff (USA etc.) and traveling for the first time to Burundi .
Transport Management & other Support
- Take all the management responsibilities of the transportation team
- Follow up regularly the data compliance of fuel consumption and the fuel stock movement and conduct continually fraud risks assessment.
- Ensure efficiency usage of our cars by approving and coordinating trips and maintenance requests.
- Assist the Corporate Operations Lead on important projects and department operational management tasks.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking a remarkable professional with 3+ years of strong experience in safety and security or emergency intervention field, a motivated and demonstrated long-term career interest in our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Burundian citizenship
- University degree in any field (will be influenced by experience)
- Experience in the domain of critical analysis of security risks (having worked for international organizations would be an asset)
- Experience in the management of team and of multiple projects / tasks at the same time
- Good communication in Kirundi, English and French ( clear and persuasive communication, both orally and in writing)
- Good knowledge in the use of computers: Word, Excel, email, search on the internet, etc.
- Must have a driving licence and be able to drive a car with manual and automatic transmission gear.
- Ability to set goals and reach them and work autonomously,
- Be honest and humble
- Ability to set project plan and strategy.
- Attention to details and problem solving Skills
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to facilitate training sessions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks
- Ability to create brief and concise report
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible