TITLE: Business Development Analyst
Program: Sustainable Health Financing
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda with ~ 30% domestic travel
Type: Full-Time Paid
Start date: June 2020 (8 months)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health system that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
The Government of Rwanda endeavors to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC) by enabling equitable access to quality health services for their population. To sustain gains in UHC delivery, the Government of Rwanda has been a thought leader in making improvements to the delivery of healthcare through digital solutions and automating manual systems to deliver care and resources faster and with greater transparency. The purpose of this short-term role is to support and expedite activities towards the automation of manual processes, and ensure that systems are developed to ease evidence generation and use for decision-making.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual to serve as a Business System Analyst for the Sustainable Health Financing team. He/She will provide support to expedite the introduction and application of tech solutions to increase operational efficiencies through automation of select manual systems, and support the team in designing systems, training end-users, and monitoring system performance.
CHAI places great value on resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, flexibility, independence, energy, work ethic, and humility.
- Manage projects throughout their full development life cycle including discovering business needs or new project requirements (e.g. for upgrading systems owned by CHAI or projects requiring CHAI to integrate/or interface with its partners’ systems), capturing business needs and analyze them thoroughly, produce accurate and easy to understand requirements documentation, recommend solutions based on user needs, assess tech landscape and support strategic priorities;
- Support team with analyzing data, designing dashboards and preparing reports;
- Support roll-out of IT solutions, provide training to end-users and suggest areas of improvements of the system based on user needs and/or on system’s strengths and weaknesses;
- Monitor system performance and manage software parameters to maintain a performant system for the company
- Knowledge and ability to monitor best practices for the software development life cycle (SDLC) including planning, analysis, design, development, testing the developed solution, deployment of the solution, maintenance, documentation, gathering reviews from system users, quality control and change management;
- Experience in big data management (including managing databases) and big data analysis;
- Excellent analytical skills, particularly in systems and/or information systems analysis;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and be able to use when need be modeling tools like BPMN(Business Process Modeling Notations), Organizational charts, mockups or prototypes ;
- Exceptional writing and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users;
- Ability to analyze the integration systems;
- Ability to work across teams;
- Ability to be effective, calm, and flexible in high-pressure situations, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to effectively prioritize;
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends;
- Strong work ethic, integrity, credibility, and dedication to CHAI’s mission;
- Knowledge of and experience in public health systems a
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Business Computing, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Communication Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication, and Project management with high Computer skills. Candidates without the relevant degree but with extensive relevant experience will also be considered;
- Experience in designing and implementing technology solutions is preferable;
- Knowledge of health information management systems in Rwanda such as DHIS2, Open MRS, and Open Clinic is preferred;
- Familiarity with emerging technologies for data collection and reporting (including experience using open source data collection tools like ODK); comfort with developing basic data collection forms and reports preferred;
- Experience working and communicating with government officials and multilateral organizations;
- Experience in working with a remote team is a
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest (maximum 1 page) outlining how their background meets the requirements outlined above; CV (maximum 3 pages); and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CHAI Rwanda: Business Development Analyst”, in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is June 2, 2020, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by June 5, 2020.