Horwath HTL Interconsult Ltd
KN 14 Av. 45 Kimihurura
Business Development / Project Management
Horwath HTL is an International consultancy specializing in Hotel & Tourism, www.horwathhtl.com with 50 offices in 40 countries Horwath HTL is the leading consultancy in the industry. Our office in East Africa-opened 2016 in Kigali, Rwanda - strengthens our local presence and provides our clients with an unrivaled combination of international contacts and expertise with knowledge of local markets.
Horwath HTL offers services to Governments, International Institutions and Private sector such as; development of tourism master plans, marketing strategies, market representation and investment promotion. Over the last years we have been supporting Rwandan Government in tourism and hospitality sector.
Horwath HTL employs over 200 permanent staff members world-wide and in addition calls upon experts from its network of affiliated consultants. Our consultants have worked in the industry at an international level and have a mix of functional and strategic skills and knowledge enabling us to provide expert advice regarding destination management and sustainable tourism development. This mix of skills and knowledge allows us to provide both innovative and workable business solutions.
Horwath HTL would like to recruit a qualified, dynamic and highly motivated candidate of high moral character and professional integrity to fill the position of a Business Developer. The Business Developer works to grow a company’s business through attracting new clients and by broadening the clients´ base. This role is one that is both challenging and also rewarding, giving the successful candidate an opportunity to really develop an interesting career in the consulting sector. He/She will be part of the consultant team based at Horwath HTL head office in Kigali. The Business developer will be reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Business Developer
- Follow up on tenders, preparation of tender documents, ensure timely completion and submission of tenders and project proposals;
- Ensure that supporting documents such as: CVs, certificates and other supporting documents are available and comply with requirements;
- Co-writing of project proposals, reports and presentations.
- Follow up on contacts with existing and potential clients; follow up emails, scheduling of appointments.
- Monthly newsletter to clients, update of email address list; coordination of editing and publishing of our industry reports;
- Internet research and analysis of markets in EAC and other African countries; identification of experts to set up project teams;
- Support of the work of project teams, close collaboration with consultants.
Profile of the candidate
- A degree or equivalent qualification is recommended, but a proven background in business development may be sufficient;
- A proven track record of business-to-business relations at a corporate level;
- A Business Developer will need to have strong research and strategic analysis skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to contact potential clients with confidence are key for a successful Business developer;
- Ability to write clear and well-argued proposals, emails and reports;
- An honest, reliable and very accurate person;
- Proficiency in office word, excel etc.
- Experience in the hotel and tourism industry, particularly knowledge of Rwandan tourism sector, would be great plus.
- Capability for presentations and negotiations on senior level
- Have a working experience of not less than 3 years in business development;
- The candidate should provide his or her CV with concrete evidence of previous experience in related or similar assignment and copies of degree and or relevant certificates.
- The working language will be English; knowledge of both English and French would be an added advantage.
- The Individual must have strong analytical skills, demonstrate strong leadership and problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, good report writing skills, fluent in English (written and spoken), be a person of high integrity, a team player and able to work well under pressure.
This is a full-time position.The Business Developer is based at the Head Office in Kigali with eventual travel to the clients in Rwanda and EAC countries. We offer a competitive salary with a bonus package.
How to apply
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity apply on or before the 30th of June 2018. Applications including your curriculum vitae, mobile telephone contact, a working email address, qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, names and addresses of three referees should be emailed via the "Apply for this job" button below in 1 document.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.