The Business Operations department, is responsible for both client facing and non-client facing back office aspects of our program. This includes a Client Data Management team who ensure timely and accurate client repayment and order data, a Customer Engagement team who ensure excellent customer service through a call center and SMS services, and a Field Data Verification team who aim to prevent and catch fraud by conducting investigations in the field.
The Business Innovations Associate will work alongside these functions and with our core field operations to support the growth of our client base, by developing new systems and analyzing the learnings from the data they create. They will spend a significant amount of time coding new systems and analyzing data. This role will require a high-level of responsibility and we need someone who can effectively meet goals and deliver results through coordination and communication, process design, and implementation.
The ultimate goal of this position is to leverage data and new technological processes to increase our efficiency and improve client services. Over time, this role will evolve into setting more strategic direction about which systems we should invest in to solve evolving and exciting opportunities from a variety of departments.
Typical projects/tasks include but are not limited to:
- Trialing Scalable Tech Systems: Developing new trials of scalable back-end systems, such as Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD), quickly evaluating their success or failure, and then developing new solutions and trials to integrate into Rwanda Core program. Much of this work would involve dealing with the Field Operations team and other functions within Business Operations to roll out these new trials and ensure solid field implementation.
- Analyzing Large Data Sets for Program Learnings: Scalable tech solutions can lead to large amounts of data. We want to ensure that we're learning from this data as well as linking to other departments and systems. What we're looking for is insight into our clients' and staff's behavior based on this data.
Recent Business Operations Accomplishments:
- This year, Business Operations trialed a brand new system for client input ordering via mobile phones. This new process has significant potential to give us real time data and potential to scale core program significantly.
- This year, Business Operations supported the Rwanda program’s scale up away from cash repayment to a system based on mobile money. 100% of our program, or about 400,000 clients, will be using this system this year. This meant designing, implementing, and managing new Business Operations processes at scale for repayment data management, fraud detection, and client services.
- In one season, the Rwanda Customer Engagement team has seen a 50% increase in client calls to our hotline. We also implemented a new call management system to better track client calls in order to give more timely and accurate responses.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor's degree and strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Experience in project managing / trial management
- Top-performing undergraduate background
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English is required. Kinyarwanda is preferred.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes. Rwanda country nationals and East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.