Position: Business Officer
Wellspring Academy is an international Christian School with a Vision to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world. The school is currently hiring a business officer to join the finance team.
Under the oversight of our director of finance and administration, the business officer will be part of the finance team and he/she will support the finance department in the following ways;
- Manage school revenues using QuickBooks accounting software, reconcile accounts and prepare monthly reports closely with the finance team.
- Monitor on a daily basis revenue deposits on the accounts of Wellspring Academy and work on a daily bank reconciliation, register the amount collected into the receipt books and keep books of revenues account;
- Consolidate revenue deposit bank slips, produce daily banking reconciliation sheet and submit progress reports vis– à– is set revenue targets to the Director of finance;
- Produce complete, accurate, and timely revenue financial reports and statements within mandatory deadlines and reconcile all revenues and transfers to the Director of finance;
- Facilitate internal and external Audit exercises for revenue accounts.
- Follow up on all school fees payment matters, resolving issues as they arise with our banking partners, both domestically and internationally
- Performs other assigned comparable or transient duties, which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by this job description and key indicators
Requirements for the role:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or any other related field. (required)
Professional experience and Skills:
- Atleast 3 years’ experience serving in the same role preferably in a school setting (desired)
- Good communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda (Oral and written) required
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft word and Excel) required
- Understanding and use of a well-run revenues and Accounts receivable process
- CPA with excellent academic records
- Understanding of the tax requirements for payments made
Personal and Spiritual Qualities:
- A Christ-centered individual who has the desire to grow in faith (required)
- Excellent interpersonal skills: collaboration and clear communication skills with people, encouraging, sharing ideas, and motivating others (required)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
To apply, send:
- A letter explaining why you would like this job and why you are the suitable candidate for the job. (Max 1 page )
- A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of 2 professional referees and 1 referee from your place of worship (max 3 pages)
Applications must be submitted by email (including scanned PDF documents) to the Director of Finance and Administration at this email address: email@example.com and give a copy cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Applications is Friday February 26,2021 at 4:00 pm
Commencement date: March 04, 2021
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Academy, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.