Career Opportunities: Business Support Assistant G4 (86682)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes to the WFP's Karongi field office, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Under the overall supervion of the Head of Field Office, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Compile the weekly travel plans and assign drivers for each travel requisition
- Ensure the field office vehicles are well maintained, clean and manage fuel
- Prepare the petty cash expenditures requests and provide monthly petty cash reports
- Supervise the cleaners and security guards with support from the head of field office
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide timely and adequate service to clients.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of the field office assets, conduct monthly inventory.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to other colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of an undergraduate degree in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language (English or French). The knowledge of both is an added value. Fluency in Kinyarwanda.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office.
• Be able to work under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify eventual mistakes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligibility: To be Rwandan national or possess a valid permit to live and work in Rwanda
Duration of Post: 1 year renewable, subject to successful performance and availability of funds.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment Contract (FTA), GS-4
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.