ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Business Transformation Associate/Manager will work across countries to map and align key operational processes in order to make software development efforts more efficient and scalable and to support the building of a set of requirements to guide our long term system development strategy.
The Business Transformation Manager will work alongside the Product Managers within the Technology Division to consolidate best practice processes across our countries of operation and identify misaligned or divergent processes that may be leading to conflicting technical requirements and solution design and limiting the opportunity for maximizing globally standardized processes. The role will have 3 main focuses:
Process Mapping and alignment to make active software development more efficient.
- The BTM will extend the requirements gathering of the Product Managers, to incorporate all global requirements to ensure software development is efficient and suitable for many geographies via a single flexible solution. The BTM will process map optimal global processes incorporating local variations where required by legislation or strong country conditions.
Improving processes and reducing the manual effort for items that are not currently active development projects.
- The BTM will proactively identify initiatives not necessarily identified by in-country or department teams worthy of standardization and automation to remove manual processes and leverage existing capabilities. They will extend the implementation of developed technology functions to as many countries as possible, facilitating and supporting any required change processes and practices.
Mapping global standardized processes for our future technology solution.
- The role will coordinate the creation of a business systems requirements document to facilitate the evaluation of our current core systems and potential new solutions as the foundation for our future technological environment. Establishing the most efficient and standardized processes and defining detailed requirements is imperative to designing, building or configuring the correct capabilities and functions needed to deliver on our 5-year strategy.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 5+ year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include demanding professional work experience.
- Experience of process mapping and reengineering required.
- Proactive, can use initiative, work in ambiguous situations and applies creative thinking.
- Experience with the software development process (particularly agile development).
- Strong communication skills. This role will require coordination across multiple teams, and individuals and must be capable of communicating complex ideas to a broad audience and facilitate and influence cooperation across teams and individuals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to assimilate and consolidate information and determine best practice approach.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask across a number of projects simultaneously.
- Good leadership skills, can work on own and within a team.
- Experience in the developing world is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes; African country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.