University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Job Title: Butaro Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Butaro Administrative Coordinator
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda
This position is responsible for providing administrative services to faculty members, staff members and students by disseminating relevant information as well as supporting smooth operations of academic programs.
- Print and distribute documents and materials such as operational policies for campus life and student affairs, administrative processes and procedure as recorded in Administrative SOPs;
- Book and set up meeting rooms and classroom for different events such as conferences, staff meetings and all other University’s activities and events;
- Support in the preparation of monthly budget for MGHD and other UGHE-related events and prepare expense reports for the same to ensure prudent utilisation of funds;
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients at the central service department on a daily basis to ensure clients, staff and students are attended to in an orderly fashion;
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos and letters to ensure that important information is properly addressed and communicated to staff members;
- Maintain and update UGHE Google Site (Intranet) with new forms and documents, and provide support to staff as needed;
- Liaise with the Administrative Coordinator in planning all campus and off campus events, this includes developing logistics plans and preparing budgets;
- Support UGHE staff and visitors with visa requests/travel letters, flight and hotel bookings, on ground transportation and any other arrangements as needed;
- Provide support with office space requests, allocation and follow up with office maintenance to carry out repairs;
- Plan and execute students’ week/weekend intensive classes in liaison with program heads;
- Process incoming invoices for payment in a timely manner;
- Manage Pingboard invitations to new staff; and,
- Support in resolving any administrative problems and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in providing administrative services;
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in education, communications, business management, or related field from a recognised institution
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive
- Intermediate experience in processing financial transactions.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and easily adapt to changing circumstances;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, partners, and clients;
- Advanced organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to effectively work on a team in a complex, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment;
- Passion for social justice and desire to contribute to global health education; and,
- Ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and organizations.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in healthcare delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement addressing candidate’s experience working in a related field, (4) names and contact information of three professional references who can attest to experience in education, leadership and management experience; at least one of these references should be an immediate supervisor and (5) copies of all degrees earned and current professional certifications.
Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under "Additional Files" on the application page.