CALL FOR APPLICATION
Professional Training on ‘Introduction to STATA’
Course Code: EPRN01/PT/21
- DATES: 19th -22nd October 2021 (5h30 PM – 8h30 PM) ---Evening Program
- VENUE: University of Rwanda-CBE Gikondo Campus
- Fees: 60,000 Rwf (EPRN members); 100,000 Rwf (non-members)
- COVID-19: All participants must have a negative covid-19 test to be allowed into the training room.
STATA is a powerful statistical software that enables users to analyze, manage, and produce graphical visualizations of data. In addition to analytical commands, Stata also has powerful commands for manipulating data, extracting, formatting, and exporting results. It is a full-featured statistical programming language for Windows, Mac OS X, Unix and Linux. STATA is available in several versions: STATA/IC (the standard version), STATA/SE (an extended version), and Stata/MP (for multiprocessing). The major difference between the versions is the number of variables allowed in memory, which is limited to 2,047 in standard STATA/IC, but can be much larger in STATA/SE or STATA/MP.
EPRN delivers STATA training at three levels: beginners, intermediate and advanced. This time, it is a course for beginners.
2. Course content
This course is designed for ‘beginners’ and the content will include:
- Getting started with STATA software (the Stata environment)
- Importing data to Stata and saving STATA files
- Creating and editing do files
- Exploring your data: addressing missing values and working with different variable types
- Graphics in STATA / Graphical analysis
- Working with multiple STATA files: merge and append
- Introduction to descriptive analysis using STATA
- Introduction to regression analysis using STATA
3. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises. Trainees are encouraged to bring their own laptops. EPRN will provide STATA software (training version).
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note: At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course becomes available which they will attend free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
5. Training fees, venue, and refreshments
- Members: 60,000 Rwf
- Non-members: 100,000 Rwf
This training will be held at the University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus.
6. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details:
- Bank Account: 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
- Title of the Account: Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at University of Rwanda- Gikondo Campus (former SFB).
NB: Tailor-Made Course
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organizational wide needs.
Done at Kigali, 08/10/2021