CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: INGENZI SOCIAL ENTERPRISE PROGRAMME -ONLINE
- ABOUT THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
With the spread of the COVID-19 and its economic and social impacts, the world is facing a time of unprecedented uncertainty. It is a time to rethink and revise the way of doing things to quickly respond to the social problems resulting from this deadly pandemic.
At Acts of Gratitude (AOG), we have resolved to double our efforts in supporting one of the key actor groups: Social Entrepreneurs. Starting with June 2020. We are launching an online Social Entrepreneurial Learning Programme- “Ingenzi Social Enterprise Programme -Online” to train future leaders on how to convert complex challenges into opportunities for social, environmental, and economic value creation.
- ABOUT ACTS OF GRATITUDE (AOG)
Acts Of Gratitude (AOG) is a Rwanda-based Social enterprise co-founded by 13 young social entrepreneurs in 2011. AOG is registered with the Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) as a National Non-governmental Organization (NGO) since 2014.
Starting in 2015, AOG decided to focus its programs on social enterprise development in Rwanda. That focus enables AOG to tackle youth unemployment and contribute to achieving other SDGs by solving key social challenges in local communities. Another big emphasis is put on women empowerment to make them real drivers of positive change.
In staying true to our mandate to support the social entrepreneurial ecosystem in Rwanda, we are looking at several ways to support entrepreneurs through these difficult times. We are launching an online version of the “Ingenzi Social Enterprise Programme”
The Ingenzi Social enterprise program-Online will be a 12-week practical training that helps youth (16-30) to turn their ideas into social enterprises ready for funding and implementation. And will be fully offered online using e-learning platforms and video conferencing workshops, happening each Friday at 9:00 am -11:30 am.
All participants are expected to graduate from the programme with the necessary confidence and five business communication tools: Business Plan, Business Model Canvas, Elevator Pitch, PowerPoint presentation, and Theory of change.
3. Key Dates
- The Ingenzi Social Enterprise Programme application portal opens May 21st, 2020, and closes midnight, June 5th, 2020.
- List of successful applicants will be published on June 15th, 2020
- Training workshops will start on June 19th, 2020
- Judges will select startups or social enterprise ideas that have feasibility, scalability, viability and social impact (enterprises, startups or ideas that solve the most threatening problems in the community)
4. Training Overview
- 90 mins a week: mandatory video virtual workshop (Video conference via Zoom) once per week. Each Friday 9:00am - 11:30 am
- 60 mins a week: Reading training material (texts and video resources) available at the e-learning platform.
- 60 mins a week: working on assignments and Social Enterprise Communications tools.
5. Who Can Apply?
- Unemployed or underemployed graduates of high school and university graduates aged 16-30.
- Having a project or business idea and a strong commitment to start your own social enterprise.
- Having access to laptop PC and internet
- Being able to use online Communications tools such as Zoom.US and/or Skype
- Being able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Having the ability to communicate in English efficiently
6. Apply Now
Do you want to join our growing network of social entrepreneurs in Rwanda? The application deadline is June 5th, 2020. Please follow this link: https://form.jotformeu.com/92924210801348 to send us your application.
7. Contact Us
Please do not hesitate to contact our team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Ingenzi Social Enterprise Programme and/or the application process.
Also, check out our website for more information: http://www.actsofgratitude.org