Call for Applications
Social Impact for Local NGOs and Social Entreprises
Segal Family Foundation (SFF) is seeking to promote the strength and impact of social innovations in Sub-Saharan African countries, including Rwanda. SFF believes there is an opportunity to draw on the efforts of the government, private sector, local organizations, INGOs, funders, and investors to build a robust response to Rwanda’s most pressing challenges. Thus, we have created the Social Impact Incubator (SII), located in Kigali, Rwanda.
Through SII, we aim to create an environment for innovators to amplify and grow their impact, by providing tools, building networks, and connecting them to investment. SII is built to transform organizations and social enterprises at three levels: individual, institutional, and ecosystem. We believe that supporting visionary leaders builds strong and stable organizations and enterprises that create a more cohesive ecosystem for young social entrepreneurs to be successful.
With the Social Impact incubator, we aim to:
- Provide linkages for locally-led NGOs and Social Enterprises to access capacity-building resources, tools, training, and networks they need to amplify their work.
- Foster collaboration amongst social innovators and ecosystem building across sectors.
- Encourage donors and investors to work collaboratively with grassroots NGOs and SEs and attract new funding and investment to local NGOs and SEs in Rwanda.
From Launch to graduation, Social Impact Incubator offers:
- Capacity building through in-class and on-site learning offered once a month for months.
- Mentorship with leaders and experts in your field throughout the program.
- Individualized coaching to address the capacity needs of your organization / social enterprise.
- Community events with investors, donors, and other partners who can support your initiative to accelerate its impact.
At the end of the program:
We offer blended funding to a select number of Champions. Along with funding, we continue coaching, mentoring, and networking with our new partners. All Champions can join the Champion-driven Alumni Network to be launched after graduation by Segal Family Foundation.
- Be a local social innovator (non-government organizations / social enterprise) registered in Rwanda
- Be a locally-led organization / social enterprise
- Be early-stage (1- 8 years)
- Demonstrate a clear vision of the change and innovation your organization/social enterprise is bringing to Rwandan communities
Are you our next champion? The application deadline is February 28, 2020. Please follow this link to send us your application.
Please do not hesitate to contact our team via email: info@SIIrwanda.org for more information about the social impact incubator and/or the application process.
Also, check out our website for more information: https://www.segalfamilyfoundation.org/sii/