CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – POTENTIAL PARTNERSHIP
WITH CARE INTERNATIONAL IN RWANDA FOR 2018-2023
Founded in 1945, CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security; and we work around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We put women and girls in the center because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
In Rwanda, CARE began its work in 1984 supporting the government to achieve its development goals with multiple projects in women and girls’ economic empowerment, promoting gender equality and fighting gender-based violence (GBV), adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights (ASRHR), early childhood development and child protection, humanitarian work supporting refugees in different refugee camps in Rwanda, education, governance and advocacy, etc.
CARE International in Rwanda underwent the Country Presence Review in 2012, revised in 2017 which led to the development of the 2017-2020 business plan and a new country program strategy for 2017-2025. In both the business plan and the program strategy, CARE believes in working in partnership to achieve greater and lasting impact. In its new partnership strategy, CARE aspires to deliver 90% of the country office portfolio with/through national partner organizations. In order to achieve this commitment, CARE International in Rwanda is inviting Rwandan organizations that meet the minimum eligibility requirements listed below to submit Expressions of Interest to be considered for its 2018/2023 shortlist potential partners of CARE’s program initiatives in Rwanda.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
This call is open to all Rwandan NGOs, faith-based organizations or civil society networks that are duly registered with the Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) and have:
- Written and up-to-date statutes and bylaws with clearly stated processes for effective and transparent selection of organizational leadership,
- Proof of functional governance structures (e.g., minutes of board of meetings, constituencies general assemblies, etc),
- Qualified, experienced personnel in project, administrative and financial management
- Proven experience working with International NGOs and major donors,
- At least 4 years of proven experience (activity reports, evaluations, etc.) in the successful implementation of development projects in at least two of the following technical areas:
- Financial inclusion,
- Economic empowerment/Livelihoods ((Village savings and loan-VSL, value chain, market access etc),
- Agriculture (Agri-business/agri value chain),
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights (ASRHR), including its related behavior change communication,
- Life Free from Violence-LFV (Promoting gender equality and fighting GBV), including its related behavior change communication,
- Youth empowerment
- Girls’ education
- Inclusive governance
- Humanitarian work (refugee camps, disaster risk reduction, etc)
- Proof of sound financial and administrative management practices (e.g., policies, procedures, manuals, strong internal control mechanisms, internal and/or external audit reports)
- A permanent, verifiable physical address from which its activities are managed.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants/organizations should upload their application package on the following link https://www.dropbox.com/request/MKWUJrSM4jntRNY0S7Zs?oref=e or request for application package by email to email@example.com or visit the CARE Rwanda offices at KN 8, plot N0 720, next to Rwanda National Police HQ, opposite WASAC Kacyiru, Kigali-Rwanda.
Application deadline: October 22nd, 2018.