CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR PRODUCTION OF PARENTING MANUAL
Plan International Rwanda seeks the services of a reputable and experienced consultant/consulting firm for production of parenting manuals for the Early Childhood Development (ECD) project.
2.About Plan International
We strive to advance children’s rights and equality for girls all over the world. As an independent development and humanitarian organization, we work alongside children, young people, our supporters and partners to tackle the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. For over 80 years we have been building powerful partnerships for children, and we are active in over 75 countries. Plan international Rwanda opened in January 2007 and is currently working in the Eastern and Southern Provinces of Rwanda in the districts of Gatsibo, Bugesera and Nyaruguru with sponsorship program, 10 districts with grant projects and in all 6 districts hosting refugee camps. Its program interventions are focused on child poverty alleviation in the domains of child protection, sexual reproductive health and rights, early childhood development and economic security and community resilience. The country office is at Kacyiru, Gasabo District of Kigali City
As a child centered community development organization, Plan international Rwanda has developed initiatives to enhance child rights with emphasis to protection in various communities. Through Germany National Office (GNO), Plan international Rwanda has secured 36 months (3 Years) project “Access to Quality education and ECD Services in Rwanda” that aims at improving quality education and ECD services in Rwanda for girls and boys aged 0-6 years (1,550 boys and 1,600 girls) in Bugesera and students from P4 to S3 (200 Boys and 250 Girls) in Bugesera District.
4.Overall Project Objective:
To contribute to improved quality of education from the early years up to secondary school by tackling the root causes of drop out and repetition.
5.Specific Objectives of the project:
- To strengthen a safe school environment for girls and boys to stay in school and complete it.
- To empower girls and boys to make safe decisions about their SRHR.
- To build a strong foundation for development and learning for children aged 0-6 years.
Access to quality Education and ECD Services Project in collaboration with the National ECD program (NECDP) supports positive parenting practices for both mothers and fathers around ECD centres. It is on this note that Plan international Rwanda intends to contribute to the development of self-learning positive parenting guide that can be used by parents and caregivers. The production of information, education and communication materials on ECD will be done basing on the existing material within Plan International and NECDP (ECD networking).
Plan International experts, consultants will review the content developed by NECDP and that of Plan to come up with a friendly positive parenting manual for parents and caregivers. At least one (1) ECD manual with two parts (one for children 0-3 and another for those aged 3-6); a guide for parents and other one for caregivers. At least 20 ECD manuals will be printed and distributed to 20 ECD centres and target schools. At least 20 copies (positive parenting manuals) will be distributed to each ECD centre i.e. 500 copies of ECD positive parenting will be printed and distributed.
- At least 1 copy of positive parenting manual for parents of children aged 0 to 3 years is developed and printed
- At least 1 copy of positive parenting for children aged 3 to 6 years is developed and printed
- Each ECD centre has received 20 copies of positive parenting manual
The development of ECD positive parenting manual will be developed by consultants in collaboration with Plan international Rwanda and NECDP staff. The development of the manual will be done in December 2019.
Required skills and competence for the consultant to produce information, Education and communication materials on ECD Parenting practices.
- A registered firm or individual meeting all registration requirements.
- A recognized company or individual with at least 4 years’ experience in production, development, of training guides and manuals. Having experience in the production of positive parenting manual will be an added advantage.
- A personnel with a Bachelor's degree in Education or Social Sciences or Languages with at least a background of translation and interpretation of 4 years’ experience. Having education training for early learning and child care will be an added advantage.
- Having carried out 2 Similar work in the area of health, integrated ECD, child care, education and other topics in relation to Parenting education or positive parenting practices.
- Having at least a recommendation from either NECDP or REB or recommendation from very recognized personnel/company or organization concerning production of parenting manuals.
- Having shared curriculum vitae showing the expertise in early childhood development especially positive parenting.
- Having shared two pages summary showing his/her interest of understanding of the scope of work and content of the Manual/guide as technical proposal with appropriate time frame.
- Having good knowledge and networking skills with the National Early childhood Development Program (NECDP) and good knowledge of ECD policy in Rwanda.
- Understanding the ECD competence-based curriculum for Rwanda.
10.PROCEDURE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION
For further details, send your request to Tendersreceipt.Rwanda@plan-international.org
Interested consultants should submit sealed and separate Technical and Financial Proposals clearly marked “‘Tender for production of parenting manuals for the ECD project” by hand not later than 12.00 hours of 12th December 2019.
Submissions should be addressed to
Plan International Inc. Rwanda
Golden Plaza Building, Floor # 4,
KG 546 St
P.O. Box 6211, Kigali, Rwanda