FH ASSOCIATION RWANDA
(Food for the Hungry)
P.O.BOX 911 Kigali, Rwanda
FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian Relief and Development Organization with a Vision “All forms of poverty ended worldwide” and a Purpose “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty
We are seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced “Cashier/Receptionist” (1 position) for our Rwanda Country Program to be based at the Head Office in Remera, Gasabo District, Kigali.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result #1 – Accounting, financial and Administration
- Ensure that all transactions (Petty cash) relating to a particular day are recorded in the Journals in a timely manner.
- She/he is responsible for the filing of all financial records and ensuring that files are labeled in accordance with FH filing policy.
- Register incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintain reference number system.
- Receive visitors to the office in a professional manner and direct them to the appropriate persons, answer telephone calls and take messages.
- Assist the office with office and secretarial tasks as needed.
- Arranging appointments and forwarding the communication to concerned staff for action.
- Effectively and efficiently, communicate with all partners including Government officials, other International NGOs, Donors, Churches, and Local Organizations.
- Ensure that the reception area and the office equipment are clean
Key Result #2 – Handling Finance and administrative duties
- Responsible for petty cash management including supporting documents and filling,
- Ensure the control and security of cash resources.
- Prepare payment authorization requests for office supplies and other needs as required by the Country Director, HR and Administration Manager or Finance Manager.
- Arrange accommodation and travel for visitors, sponsors or donors visiting the FH Rwanda Office as needed.
- Ensure that (postal) packages are correctly addressed and sent out to the correct destinations by either post, DHL, Fedex or other means.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by finance Manager or HR and Admin Manager.
Key Result # 3: Offer support to staff and clients
- Put a system in place to deliver all checks made to the suppliers
- Put in place a system of registering incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintain reference number system.
- Develop and maintain an accurate filing system, monitor the use of office supplies and equipment.
- Provide support to the different departments as time allows it.
- Provide additional services, as required, to contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the office operations.
- Commitment to serving the poor with a vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- People skills: warmth with people, conversational, able to relate to and be in continual interaction and communication with people.
- At least Advanced Diploma (A1) in Finance and Administration plus at least three (3) years of relevant work experience in a similar position in an International NGO setting.
- Proven Experience & application knowledge of advanced excel or other financial accounting systems
- Ability and willingness to learn and work with a high degree of motivation and adaptability
- Organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Flexibility, ability to remain calm under pressure
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues
- Attention to details and ability to write good reports
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Must have good oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with different supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least Advanced Diploma (A1) in Finance and Administration, Accounting or Management and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position with an International NGO.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover and updated CV/Resume with three referees (including email addresses and day telephone contacts), not later than Tuesday, 18th December 2018 using the following link: http://220.127.116.11/fhrwandajobs
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next stage of recruitment.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to show originals and provide notarized copies of degree, diploma or certificates. They will also provide copies of testimonials of rendered services from former employers
- if any issues are experienced please contact us separately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Done at Kigali, on 05th December 2018
FH Association Rwanda Management