Join the family
One& Only Nyungwe House is seeking for a number of talented professionals to join the team and become part of this haven of creature-comforts.
Job Description – Chef de Partie
1. Position Details
- Position Chef de Partie
- Level Supervisor
- Department Food & Beverage
- Reports to Sous Chef
- Subordinates Demi Chef, Commis Chef, Steward
2. Job Details & Requirements
The Chef De Partie Party is responsible for preparing and costing dishes in conjunction with the Sous chef and Chef and is responsible for ensuring that standards are maintained for his/her section. It is a vital part of the position to keep food quality for both guests and staff to the best standard potentially possible. It is also vital to keep the staff moral high and so have a good working atmosphere, productivity and confidence level will rise with a highly motivated team. He/she is responsible for his/her professional appearance and will be expected display themselves to company’s grooming standards All HACCP standards are followed and improved consistently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Workplace policies, rules and procedures.
- Be familiar with workplace policies, rules and procedures.
- At all times, adhere to: Colleague Handbook, Group and unit policies, Departmental operating procedures/work flows, Ad hoc communication (notices, instructions by management, meetings, etc.), Legal and contractual obligations (health and safety, good faith, conditions of employment, etc.)
- Produce all necessary food for all food service operations as required as instructed by the Sous chef or Head Chef
- Ensure that high standard of food is consistently maintained and improved upon
- Be innovative and strive for change and continually be up to date with food trends and fashion
- Stock loss/damage to be minimized and monitored
- Pro-active requisitioning maintaining minimum par levels of food for his/her section of the kitchen.
- Assist in monthly stock taking
- Maintaining quality and quantity control in all aspects, from portion control to freshness of the product presented.
- Ensure that the cleaning of kitchen and kitchen equipment for all outlets including the colleague food service areas are to the agreed standard.
- Be flexible to host events & guests alone on private dinning’s
- To understand and comply with food hygiene regulations.
- All food to be wrapped, marked, dated and stored on designated shelves at correct temperature
- To support d Chef /Sous chef in training staff, records to be available for each individual staff.
- To ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Report any equipment faults to Sous chef
- On-going – 95% quarterly hygiene audit score
- To ensure staff are appropriately dressed and look professional.
- To ensure and enforce personal hygiene.
- Leading by example is vital for this position.
- To attend all statutory training as required by the company.
- Ensure safe and healthy work environment for colleagues
- Avoid unauthorised personnel entering storage areas
- Knowledge and understanding of proper use on all chemicals in the kitchen
- Standards checklists followed
- Follow HACCP standards
- To carry out any reasonable requests made by a member of the management team.
Skills, Requirements, and Qualifications
- Culinary qualification
- 5 years’ culinary experience
- Exposure and experience in international food standards
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
- Exposure to 5-star resort standards
- Supervision skills
- Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable
- High energy levels and ability to deal with stress
- Knowledge of food cost control and menu planning
- Knowledge of and experience in health and hygiene audits
- Knowledge of disciplinary procedures as set out by company
3. Core VAlues & Competencies
Blow Away The Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4. Functional competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I adapt my communication to the message and the audience
- I deliver effective written communications
Functional Skills & Knowledge
- I understand the full scope of my duties and demonstrate initiative
- I take full responsibility for my actions
Planning & Organizing
- I set realistic goals both for myself and my colleagues in line with organization strategies
- I handle multiple priorities effectively
Team Management & Development / Influencing & Working with Others
- I devote time in training and coaching each colleague
- I conduct regular performance management discussions for my colleagues and monitor their progress
Where Colleagues do not have anyone to supervise,
then the competency will be replaced by with the following 2 behaviors:
- I am able to influence others when required to speak and present ideas
- I am able to work with other colleagues and departments effectively
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- I involve all the appropriate people to resolve problems in the business
- I proactively facilitate prompt and appropriate decision making
Innovation & Creativity
- I regularly seek new opportunities for change
- I assist in resolving resistance to change
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com not later than 5thAugust 2018.
This role will be open until it is filled, and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
For the job description, see the attachment