We are Hiring!
Cushioned in the foothills of the breathtaking Virunga volcano range, One&Only Gorilla’s Nest makes the magical possible as you enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime, personal encounter with the rare and majestic mountain gorilla, roaming free in its own natural habitat, a place where dreams come alive and where the magic happens. This is One&Only.
We are recruiting competent candidates to join our brand new
One&Only Gorilla's Nest.
Chef de Partie
The Chef De Partie Party is responsible for preparing and costing dishes in conjunction with the Sous chef and Chef and is responsible for ensuring that standards are maintained for his/her section. It is a vital part of the position to keep food quality for both guests and staff to the best standard potentially possible. It is also vital to keep the staff moral high and so have a good working atmosphere, productivity and confidence level will rise with a highly motivated team. He/she is responsible for his/her professional appearance and will be expected display themselves to company’s grooming standards All HACCP standards are followed and improved consistently. This position will also oversee the preparing of meals for Colleagues,.
Skills, Requirements and Qualifications
- Culinary qualification
- 5 years’ culinary experience
- Exposure and experience in international food standards
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
- Exposure to 5-star resort standards
- Supervision skills
- Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable
- High energy levels and ability to deal with stress
- Knowledge of food cost control and menu planning
- Knowledge of and experience in health and hygiene audits
- Knowledge of disciplinary procedures as set out by company
All interested candidates should apply by clicking " http://surveys.jobinrwanda.com/index.php?sid=72873&lang=en " to fill the form and upload the CV.
Application deadline: Wednesday, 08th May 2019 and for more details , please read the attached job description
Hand delivered hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will be invited to the Open Day. No telephone inquiries, please.