Position: Chief Accountant
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Accountant will focus on business operations as well as compliance and reporting.
- Manage AP/AR, payroll, FAR, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition
- Continually identify areas for business process re-engineering and cost reduction
- Prepare and publish timely periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial statements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Rigorous document and contract management
- Support the company’s budget management and financial modeling
- Enforce internal control, risk management and compliance to company policies and procedures
- Coaching and Mentoring a dynamic team of 5 or more staff, including internal and external capacity building
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Treasury management, bank relations, and all other reconciliations
- Co-ordinate internal, statutory and tax audits
- Very high integrity
- At least 4 years of proven experience in coaching and mentoring dynamic teams of 5 or more employees.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree and/or CPA, ACCA, CIMA
- Experiential knowledge of IFRS, Rwandan tax and business laws
- Able to work under pressure and minimum supervision to meet tight deadlines
- Practical advanced computer skills, including Excel other accounting packages.
- Big 4 experience would be an added advantage
- Language proficiency in English and French added advantage
Interested & qualified candidates should ONLY submit their application through the “Apply for this Job" including a summarized CV with 3 professional references & a Cover letter (all in 1 document) not later than July 13th, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.