Job Opportunity: Chief Accountant (1)
LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES – LHS Ltd is an incorporated company, registered with the Rwanda Development Board. Its main objectives is to improve surgical care delivery in Rwanda by augmenting the Rwandan Health Sector with much needed ambulatory and elective surgical services through EJO HEZA SURGICAL CENTRE, a Specialized Hospital for General Surgery, Trauma – Orthopedics, Pediatric Surgery, ENT surgery, Urology, Cleft Surgery and Neurosurgery.
Principal place of business:
- LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES / EJO HEZA SURGICAL CENTRE,
- KIGALI CITY, DISTRICT OF GASABO, SECTOR OF REMERA, CELL OF RUKIRI 1,
- KG 636 ST 3
- O. Box 2416 Kigali
Despite our government’s major achievements within the health sector, the need for surgical services is still huge. University Hospitals, where most of the specialist surgeons work, must focus most of their efforts managing the most acutely unwell patients and patients with other complicated surgical conditions. The less acute and less complicated surgical conditions that are normally managed on elective basis have less and less room in the referral hospitals. They are usually scheduled and the waiting time is more or less 6 months. We are often finding that the long waiting times can result in the simple case becoming emergency or complicated – for instance, the simple inguinal hernia that progresses to a strangulated hernia. These cases then further impact the compound situation at the referral hospitals.
Ejo Heza Surgical Centre offers an opportunity for surgical treatment to the above mentioned patients through ambulatory surgical services with extended recovery area for up to 72 hours.
Ejo Heza Surgical Centre was opened to the public in July 2016 with a focus on the care of elective surgical conditions in the areas of General Surgery, Cleft Surgery and Trauma – orthopedics.
Since November 2019 Ejo Heza surgical centre was granted by the Ministry of Health the license to include other surgical specialties such as Urology, Neurosurgery, Pediatric Surgery and ENT Surgery.
In addition to be fully equipped with modern surgical and diagnostic equipment, Ejo Heza Surgical Centre employs highly qualified health care professionals in order to meet the needs of the patients.
To be the trusted Leader in caring for people
At Ejo Heza Surgical Centre, we are committed to providing excellence in the delivery of surgical care within a cost-effective manner.
We are not only committed to providing timely individualized care but also treating both our patients and their families with compassion and respect.
Service: We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients and co- workers
Patient first: The patient is our first priority in everything we do
Professionalism: We conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards
Respect: We treat each individual with the highest professionalism and dignity
Innovation: We embrace change and work to improve all we do
Teamwork: We believe that system effectiveness is built on collective strength of everyone
SUMMARY OF SCOPE OF WORK
LHS/EHSC seeks the Chief Accountant, who will be reporting to the Hospital Administration Manager. and will be supervising Accountants. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing financial procedures in compliance with internal policies and procedures. The key tasks include overseeing monthly financial transactions, procurement, consulting and purchase agreements, providing training and guidance to staff. S/he will lead the implementation of financial activities by ensuring that they are implemented in accordance with the organization’s mission, strategic objectives, and program approaches.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Evaluate computerized accounting systems and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements.
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
Technical requirements/Competencies /Skills
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in BA, Accounting or Finance
- CPA or related professional course is an added advantage,
- 5 years of experience in busy accounting department, one of which as an auditor,
- Auditing experience is required,
- Experience in local taxes and statutory rules & regulations,
- Well-developed Interpersonal skills,
- Proficiency in QuickBooks,
- Standards of accounting,
- Knowledge of regulatory standards,
- General business knowledge,
- Software proficiency,
- Data analysis,
- Attention to detail,
- Effective communication,
- Critical thinking,
- Service orientation
How to apply:
Applications must be sent to the Managing Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief Accountant” in the subject line, no later than May 21, 2021.
NB: The application file should be submitted in one PDF file that combines:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV (3 pages max), including three professional references. References should include the current direct supervisor and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
- Notarised academic degrees.
- Copy of medical insurance card.
- Proof of employment history.
LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES – LHS Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful.