AMPERSAND: Chief Financial Officer job listing
Kigali, Rwanda | www.ampersand.solar
Chief Financial Officer
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Check out this short video from Al Jazeera last year: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1070867994400706560.
This role requires someone with a strong financial and business strategy background to shape the structure and direction of our business and help us make key decisions.
As part of this mission, Ampersand requires high-tech equipment and complex financing in order to leap-frog the old transport system. For this business to work, complex loan and asset structures will be necessary. We’ll also need to make smart decisions around production, whether to make-or-buy and where to make the next investments in R&D.
We need someone with the ability to build sophisticated financial models and look at the 10,000 metre picture as well as dig into the weeds of financial housekeeping working alongside Ampersand’s accountant team.
- Thinking critically and contributing to strategy.
- Financial strategy and modeling: Manage and update the master financial model and run scenarios. Create financial models for new revenue streams and model risks.
- Work with the CEO and product team to determine optimum pricing and client package. Candidates should have several years’ experience building, maintaining and using complex financial models and should be able to demonstrate the ability to create such models for a variety of business models (e.g lease, sale, asset financing).
- Conducting company valuation (DCF etc).
- Support CTO and Operations to a) maintain costings and Bills of Material, b) optimize operations, c) to prepare cost-benefit assessments for R&D and tooling investments.
Accounting and corporate finance role:
We also desire to cover the below accounting and corporate finance tasks with this role. However, some of these tasks may be split into another role if a suitably strong candidate is found for the tasks listed above but who lacks the accounting background.
- Accounting oversight: Includes experienced management of our external accountant and bookkeeper firm. Maintain real-time oversight of operating budget and cashflow and keep management and Board updated. Approve spending. Work with our external accountants to set up a billing system and practices for income generated from vehicles, energy services, etc.
- Manage tax filing in Rwanda, USA, and Germany, through our external consultants. Provide & prepare the required documents. US Accounting or tax experience would be a plus.
- Financial reporting to grant funding providers. Prior experience in this regard would be a plus.
- Evaluate transfer pricing strategy, in consultation with advisors in Germany, USA, and Rwanda.
- Minimum 7 years of prior experience in accounting, financial modeling, etc,
- Degree in accounting, business, or related degree
- Advanced degree in business, finance, accounting or related field a plus
- US CPA, ACCA, Rwandan or EAC CPA a plus
- Prior management role.
- Experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience using accounting software such as Quickbooks. Skills using Xero an added bonus. Prior training in these systems a plus.
Final deadline to apply is Monday 24 June 2019 at 9 am Kigali time (Central Africa Time). However, we encourage candidates to get in touch sooner rather than later.
Start date: Negotiable
Women and minority groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter, or if you have questions.