JOB DESCRIPTION - YUMN LTD/HQ PEAT
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for supporting the CEO in developing, executing and managing the HQ’s business plan with a particular emphasis on operational performance.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the profitability and day-to-day operations of HQ Power and the management of site managers.
Specific responsibilities will include budget planning, revenue management, expense controls, facilities management, technology systems, and other operational planning. The COO will establish, in close partnership with the CEO, metrics to manage key elements of the company’s operational performance required to meet both customer and financial expectations.
The COO also will be responsible for planning and organizing internal company operations and supporting the CEO in maintaining a healthy corporate culture. The COO will ensure that the company’s policies and procedures are implemented and followed by all personnel, changing or adding to such policies procedures as required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies and procedures to support overall company policies and objectives.
- Improve and implement the systems EGG-energy uses to supply power to the off-taker
- Manage HQ’s revenue and expense goals, day-to-day operations and the continued development and advancement of staff at the site.
- Establish and monitor performance reporting systems (i.e. track performance against goals, ensure site managers provide quality regular reports, provide regular updates to the CEO etc.)
- Regularly evaluate operating procedures and create centralized best practices within different sites to ensure uniform performance throughout the company.
- Hire, train, motivate, direct, coach, evaluate and retain high performers at HQ Power site.
- Take charge in high-priority crises.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Successful experience in managing operations, sales and marketing, strategic planning, finance, and human resources.
- Proven track record (at least 5 years of experience), with three years in a leadership position with experience in general management, project management and/or budgetary oversight.
- Experience working with external partners.
- Working knowledge of budgeting, business development, and strategic planning.
- Deep connections in energy, retail and/or funding communities preferred
- More than 15 years’ professional experience in day to day management of energy generating company with no less than 70 MW generation capacity
- Be proficient in Jewish and/or Turkish
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates matching the requirements are invited to apply using the “Apply for this job” button below before the 1st August 2018 at 5 PM Kigali time.