Job Vacancy Announcement
Job title: Club Licensing Officer
Reporting to: The Head of Competitions Department.
Fédération Rwandaise de Football Association (FERWAFA) is non-governmental and non-profit organization founded in 1972 as member of CAF and FIFA in 1978.
FERWAFA has set the main goal, which is to develop, improve and organize the football games throughout Rwanda territory, which might end as well by improving the CAF/FIFA ranking.
To legitimately stand with confidence, FERWAFA is recognized by the government of Rwanda and operates within the framework of the FIFA/CAF rules and regulations.
Starting time: Immediately
Role and Responsibilities:
To maintain the effective development, delivery, and management of the both FERWAFA and CAF club Licensing systems at continental and domestic levels to achieve core club development objectives as determined by club licensing rules.
A primary emphasis of the role will be on the phased extension and implementation of the Club Licensing system into the Women’s Domestic game.
- Assist the Head of Department of Competitions in his attributions;
- Monitor and enforce club licensing regulations for men’s first division and second division clubs while encouraging through the awareness campaign, clubs to comply with FERWAFA/CAF club licensing guidelines;
- Maintain and deliver robust Club Licensing system to improve club professionalism, governance, transparency, and development through focused interaction with clubs, leagues, CAF, FIFA and all other key stakeholders
- Organize and coordinate courses, seminars, workshops, and club audits under the FERWAFA Club Licensing system (as required).
- Support the initial development, delivery, and subsequent management of a Club Licensing system for the Women’s football
- Assist applicant clubs with their understanding of the process and required documentation in relation to Club Licensing through regular and systematic communication/ support.
- Preparing licensing reports with all the necessary files containing Club Licensing documents for submission to the Licensing Committee First Instance Body (FIB) and Licensing Appeals Body (AB) according to the Core Process Timeline.
- Provide administrative support to the FERWAFA Club Licensing Committees, as required.
- Request further documentation and information in relation to any applicant submission as requested by FIB or AB.
- Ongoing monitoring of clubs to verify that the minimum requirements defined in the core process are respected by all licensees during the period for which any licence has been granted.
- Ensure the license applicant/ licensee equal treatment and full confidentiality as regards to all non-public information disclosed during the Licensing Core Process.
- Direct the subsequent club monitoring requirements and required club submissions for clubs qualified for CAF Club Competitions on the Club Licensing IT platform.
- Maintain professional expertise, always keeping up to date with changes to football rules and regulations (FIFA, CAF and FERWAFA) that may have a bearing upon the operation of the Club Licensing systems.
- Proactively participate in training and development opportunities, staff performance appraisals and reviews as required.
- Service the FERWAFA policies in line with its development plans.
- Adhere to and actively support at all times all FERWAFA’s policies, procedures, processes and working practices, including adhering to best practice.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annually report of activities
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
The candidate must:
- Be Rwandan,
- Hold Criminal record testifying that the candidate has never been condemned to 6 months of imprisonment.
- Understand the principles of non-disclosure and confidentiality.
- Have master’s degree in any field with at least one year of working experience in an administration role within football or sports sector. or bachelor’s degree in any field and at least 2 years of working experience in any field in an administration role within football or sports sector. a degree in sport management or any other sport related field will be an added advantage.
- Have capacity of problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have good and clear understanding of the football industry, its business environment and associated challenges. Familiarity with the football industry, football law and regulations, and best practices will be an added advantage
- Have good attitude of time Management and ability to work under pressure.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- Have effective knowledge of IT& communication systems and
- Have excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills in Kinyarwanda, English, French and/or Kiswahili.
The candidate should be available to start immediately upon confirmation of recruitment and contract terms finalization.
Interested candidates shall submit their application letter addressed to the Secretary General (via by email firstname.lastname@example.org), accompanied by:
- Signed detailed curriculum vitae,
- Copy of their degree
- Evidences of required experience
- Copy of their ID or Passport
Submission deadline is Tuesday 9th August at 05:00PM
Only applicants that will fulfill all the requirements for this position will be invited for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Done at Kigali,03/08/2022
MUHIRE Henri Brulart