Employment Opportunity: Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Specialist
Why Choose IntraHealth
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi improves the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity partners with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data.
The Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Specialist will work as an integral part of Ingobyi Activity MEL Team. S/he will report directly to the Implementation Scientist. The objective of this position is to strengthen and promote a culture of reflection, critical thinking, learning, and adaptation across the project and among project partners. S/he will be a leader, subject matter expert, and focal point for CLA tasks and initiatives of Ingobyi Activity. Her/his main tasks will be to:
Strategic planning and action
- Work with the Implementation scientist and Ingobyi technical team to develop a rigorous, but realistic learning agenda, a core ‘package’ of learning products, and processes that are well integrated with other M&E and broader project activities.
- Integrate learning opportunities into established processes and organize reviews of program activities to reflect on programmatic learning based on implementation experience and monitoring data.
- Based on learning, review results chains and theories of change, and suggest programmatic changes.
- Support project staff and partners to review innovative pilot activities linked to the program’s learning agenda to cultivate a culture of reflection and learning.
- Work with the technical team and mentors to identify positive deviants and ensure those are documented and develop mechanisms to disseminate those lessons and integrate the lessons in development programming.
- Assess the state of CLA integration in the project. Develop an action plan for strengthening CLA and track progress.
- Fill critical gaps in Ingobyi staff technical understanding related to the achievement of project objectives, by organizing learning workshops and other information exchange events to promote knowledge and learning among Ingobyi staff and partners.
- Contribute to annual work planning process.
Coordination and collaboration
- Collaborate with technical staff, implementation managers, key stakeholders, and partners to identify data needs and share lessons related to the achievement of program objectives and channel lessons learned into Ingobyi’s strategic planning processes.
Supervision, capacity strengthening and documentation
- Supervise the program’s communications officer who will develop and manage the program communications plan and platforms to effectively share information with internal and external stakeholders, nationally and internationally
- Contribute to the program’s technical briefs, infographics, newsletters, and other internal and external communication materials.
- Support identification of best practices and organize learning events to share lessons learned and best practices internally and with partners.
- Document and share progress and outcomes of high-impact interventions such as mentorship and rapid response teams for learning purposes.
- Build capacity of project staff to adapt activities and innovations based on learnings.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, or related health field.
- At least 8 years of experience in knowledge management, M&E, organizational learning and/or strategic learning in an international development context.
- Familiarity with the concept of adaptive management/CLA, and demonstrated experience using a mix of informational sources and research methods to analyze project progress, communicate findings to a range of external and internal stakeholders, and apply learning to strategic planning and performance improvement.
- Experience providing leadership, supervising staff, managing multiple complex project components, and convening people across technical teams to build consensus and achieve outcomes.
- Experience contributing to the design and implementation of a development project’s strategic communication strategy required.
- Demonstrated superior writing, reporting, and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Working knowledge of French a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside of Kigali, and to work independently with all stakeholders
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Willingness to work overtime as required
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Please, apply before June 21, 2019, and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1