Our Client, Cogebanque, has been in existence for the last 23 years. It has registered tremendous strategic expansions in line with its vision and core values as an economic operator in Rwanda. The bank currently operates with over 28 branches, over 385 active Bank agents and 36 ATMs across the country. The bank inaugurated a newly completed 8 storey property in 2018, which serves as its Headquarters at the heart of Kigali’s central business district.
In line with its vision to be a financial centre of excellence and a leading provider of innovative financial services, the Bank is looking to identify results-driven, visionary, strategic thinking experienced, and highly qualified leaders with excellent credentials, proven experience, demonstrated capacity, and know-how to fill the position of Commercial Director
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Commercial Director determines and updates the Bank’s business development policy, leads a team under his/her supervision and applies the business strategies in compliance with the general bank strategies. The role is also responsible for identifying and utilising appropriate platform to drive business growth, raise brand awareness and ensure that the strategies are successful in generating and contributing to business growth, revenue generation and implementation of the bank’s strategic objectives and business plans.
- Develop and drive the bank’s business development strategies to ensure achievement of targets, sufficient brand awareness and positioning
- Develop overall marketing, product and business development objectives and plans and monitor performance against the strategic plan and performance standards
- Develop strategic-level collaborative partnerships and strategic relationships that will maximise and add value to the growth of the bank while mitigating the risk and exposure to the bank
- Take lead in advising and giving strategic direction to the bank for Corporate, Commercial, High net worth, and retail banking, ensuring that the strategy is all inclusive
- Develop, manage and review the banks research strategy by conducting market surveys, customer feedback opportunities, testing and piloting of products to review the performance of existing products
- Oversee business units and branches in tracking and ensuring product awareness, perceptions, and needs relating to the products and services
- Provide a baseline for new product development and determine the needs and wants of the target market to respond to customer expectations, business needs
- Lead in the development of an all-inclusive Business Development budget that will ensure a return on investment.
- Lead the savings mobilization, product development, customer segmentation, targeted marketing and promotions
- Coordinate and lead the implementation of promotions and public relations activities to promote the bank’s brand, products and services
- Manage and grow the business, together with developing and implementing critical concepts that will result in business growth in terms of numbers and reach
- Lead departmental staff in a manner that empowers them to deliver the objectives of the banks strategic reflecting the banks mission, vision and core values.
- Be a holder of a Master’s in Business Administration, Commerce, Banking or other related fields
- Have at least 10 years’ relevant experience with at least five (5) years spent in a similar role and/or senior managerial level in Commercial, Investment banking, Sales, Marketing and Branding within the banking industry.
- Understands balance sheet drivers
- Have a strong appreciation of regulatory imperatives within in the banking sector
- Have good understanding of various business banking segments and banking operations
- Have knowledge of product development and research
- Have good understanding of deal origination and structuring
- Possess knowledge of sovereign related business
- Have good understanding of platform business (Value chains finance)
- Knowledge of cost, project and risk management.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the role requirements and can clearly demonstrate your abilities, please submit your application, including certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of your current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character, and integrity.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered, and your application must be received by 27 January 2023
Apply for the position: https://apply.workable.com/deloitte-eastafrica/j/7C187029B9/apply/