Job Opportunity: Communications and Market Development Manager
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a Rwandan Not for Profit Organization, established in March 2010 by the governments of Rwanda and the United Kingdom (UK) and is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), USAID Sweden and MasterCard Foundation.
Guided by the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach, AFR’s strategic focus is to stimulate financial sector development and address constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population (for more details visit our website: www.afr.rw
AFR seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individual to fill the full-time staff position of Communications & Market Development Manager.
The Head of Communications & Market Development leads the AFR team in developing and implementing a Communication Strategy that is effective in influencing key stakeholders towards inclusive financing that supports growth. The critical objective of the role is to drive the widespread uptake of successful interventions, aiming to achieve the critical mass necessary to achieve systemic change; this includes supporting implementing partners with marketing strategies aimed at low income and underserved groups.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Communications and Market Development Manager will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- As a member of the Management team, support the development and implementation of AFR’s strategic & operational plans by contributing expertise in market development and communications.
- Lead the development and implementation of AFR’s communication strategy; ensuring that it is effective in meeting the organization’s needs for influence and mindset change.
- Support implementing partners with marketing strategies & development of financial inclusion products.
- Ensure the existence of an exciting and informative online presence through highly visible Websites and Social Media platforms.
- To lead and manage the Market Development & Communications team, including consultants, in a manner that empowers them to deliver AFR’s goals and objectives.
- Technical writing in order to capture success stories and lessons learnt and disseminate these to targeted audiences.
The ideal candidate should have the following educational qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, or Development Studies;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Development Economics (added advantage); and
- Master’s in Business Administration, communications, public relations or any relevant field (added advantage).
Experience and knowledge:
- 6 -10 years’ post-graduation experience in a Technical Communication Specialist or similar role;
- At least 3 years of regional and national experience in Financial Services and financial inclusion;
- Strong technical writing skills (these will be tested as part of the interview process)
- Knowledge and understanding of the local and regional context in the Financial Services sector;
- Experience in working with international development organizations in a local or regional context
- Proven track record in developing and implementing Communication and Advocacy strategies including developing key messages for advocacy and lobbying;
- Proven track record in developing media relations and strategic partnerships;
- Demonstrable skills and experience in using new media (social media) to cause mindset change;
- Demonstrated experience in content development for various media platforms (Radio, TV, website, Social media);
- Demonstrable experience in the application of knowledge management techniques in both managing and disseminating information;
- Ability to effectively manage the production of reports and publications;
- Proven track record in managing teams and consultants/service providers including the development of terms of reference where required; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda;
How to apply
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please apply through please apply using the “Apply for this job” ONLY.
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position and monthly rate. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be 28th February 2020. All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact our recruiter Job in Rwanda. The position is open to professionals residing in Rwanda with the required expertise, experience, and qualifications.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
You may also access the same advert at http://afr.rw/resources/career-opportunities/