Compliance Project Specialist
Function: Government Relations
Employer: One Acre Fund
Position: Compliance Project Specialist
Job Location: Kigali
Deadline: October 30th, 2018
Commitment: Minimum commitment of 2 years
One Acre Fund is a social enterprise that exists to make farmers more productive and more prosperous. We provide farmers with a comprehensive service bundle which includes financing for agricultural inputs and other quality-of-life products, delivery within their cell, training, and market assistance. In more than twelve years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve over 300,000 farm families with more than 1,900 full-time field staff. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization. To help manage this growth, we are looking for “a Compliance Project Specialist.’’
One Acre Fund’s work is governed by the formal laws and regulations of Rwanda, as well as informal conventions that affect operations and government policy and rules that may be updated or changed frequently. As we grow, it is increasingly imperative to ensure that our operations all exist within Rwanda’s legal framework and that all departments are aware of the rules governing their work.
We are currently hiring for a Compliance Project Specialist to fulfill the following Responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and analyze the laws, regulations, policies, and rules that govern One Acre Fund’s work in Rwanda.
- Establish relationships with regulators and other institutions that administer the law.
- Develop and maintain a Risk assessment matrix while running a quarterly analysis of vulnerabilities and risks and implementing corrective actions.
- Maintain close contact with relevant government agencies to determine when new laws or regulations are issued that affect One Acre Fund’s operations and update One Acre Fund teams on these new developments.
- Lead on drafting internal policies that ensure external compliance.
- Collaborate with OAF internal audit team to ensure all teams and operations are compliant with the regulatory framework.
- Support the Rwanda Legal Counsel to develop and maintain systems that track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Legal & Compliance Unit.
- Develop a compliance calendar that tracks the progress of compliance tailored trainings across the organization to promote awareness of relevant laws/regulations/rules for each department.
- Lead and maintain License /survey applications
- Provide guidance, upon request and need, for any new area of operation.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least 2 years of strong, relevant work experience and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work. Candidates with the following qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Professional background, with at least two years’ experience, in Law, Audit or Economics. Preference for experience in the agricultural sector.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda.
- Top-performing academic background (must have at least a Bachelor's degree).
- Proven ability to drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Relationship-building skills: we’re looking for someone who is able to develop strategic relationships with our key regulators who can support in our understanding of legal policies
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate complex compliance issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Rwanda national – this job is for Rwandese nationals only
Please click on this link: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=1320316
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via emails and phone calls