WORKS PROCUREMENT NOTICE
CONSTRUCTION AND REHABILITATION OF 11 ECD CENTERS AND 10 GIRLS’ SAFE ROOMS AT BUGESERA AND NYARUGURU
- Publication Reference: Plan/CO/FY20/09/01
- Programme and Project details
Plan International Rwanda (PIR) through a project “Access to Quality Education and ECD services in Rwanda” funded by the German National Office allocated funds in its budget to construct and rehabilitate 11 ECD centres, 10 girls safe rooms and a perimeter fence in Bugesera and Nyaruguru Districts.
- Contracting Authority
Plan International Rwanda
Golden Plaza House, 4th Floor,
KG 546 Street, Kacyiru,
- CONTRACT SPECIFICATIONS
Description of the contract
Construction and rehabilitation of ECD centers and Girls’ Safe Rooms in Bugesera and Nyaruguru.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Eligibility and rules of origin
Participation in tendering is open on equal terms to all-natural and legal persons (participating either individually or in a grouping (consortium) of bidders) which are established in Rwanda
- Number of bids
Bidders may submit only one bid per lot. Bids for parts of a lot will not be considered. Any bidder may state in its bid that it would offer a discount in the event that its bid is accepted for more than one lot. Bidders may not submit a bid for a variant solution in addition to their bid for the works required in the bid document.
- Bid Security
- Performance guarantee
The successful bidder will be asked to provide a performance guarantee of 10% of the amount of the contract at the signing of the contract. This guarantee must be provided together with the return of the countersigned contract no later than 30 days after the bidder receives the contract signed by the Contracting Authority. If the selected bidder fails to provide such a guarantee within this period, the contract will be void and a new contract may be drawn up and sent to the bidder which has submitted the next lowest compliant bid.
- Information meeting and/or site visit
An information meeting and/or site visit will be held on Monday and Tuesday, 23rd to 24th September 2019 at Bugesera Plan office and Thursday and Friday, 26th to 27th September 2019 at Nyaruguru Plan office. Meeting time is at 9.00hrs for both sites for contractors to attend. Contact person: Valens Kiberwa – 0788430756.
- Period of implementation of tasks
11th November 2019-10th January 2020.
SELECTION AND AWARD CRITERIA
- Selection criteria
- To qualify for award of the contract, in accordance with ITB Sub-Clause 2.1 bidders shall meet the minimum qualifying criteria:
- average annual volume of construction work over the past 3 years of at least RWF 50, 000,000.
- experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least 2 works of nature and complexity equivalent to the Works over the last 5 years (to comply with this requirement, works cited should be at least seventy (70) percent complete);
- proposals for the timely acquisition (own, lease, hire, etc.) of the following essential equipment: Lorry, Concrete mixers, pick-ups and scaffolding
- personnel with the following qualifications and experience:
- Site Engineer: with a degree in Civil Engineering with at least 5 years’ experience and registered in IER
- Site foreman: a Diploma in Civil Engineering with at least 3 years’ experience or a technician with level 2 certificate in Public Works Construction with at least 7 years’ experience.
- (e) liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 10,000,000 Rwanda Francs
A consistent history of litigation or arbitration awarded against the Bidder will result in disqualification.
Subcontractors’ experience and resources will not be taken into account in determining the Bidder’s compliance with the qualifying criteria.
- How to obtain the bid document
The bid document is available from 8th July 2019 at Plan International Rwanda Offices, KG 546 Street, Golden Plaza Building Floor #4, P.O. Box 6211, Kigali upon payment of 10,000RWF payable to the account # 25009159001 opened in I & M Bank.
. It is also available for inspection at the premises of the Contracting Authority, addressed as in point 3 above. Bids must be submitted using the standard bid form included in the bid document, whose format and instructions must be strictly observed.
Bidders with questions regarding this bid should send them in writing to email@example.com (mentioning the publication reference shown in item 1) Not less than 7 days before the deadline for submission of bids given in item 14.
- Submission of bids
14.00 hrs at Plan International Country Office in Kigali on 24th October 2019.
Any bid received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Bid opening session
14.15 hrs at Plan International Country Office in Kigali on 24th October 2019.
- Language of the procedure
All written communications for this bid procedure and contract must be in English.
Done at Kigali 18th September 2019
Tender Panel, Plan International Rwanda.