The Institute of Policy Analysis and Research (IPAR–Rwanda) is a fast-growing indigenous, independent, not-for-profit Rwandan Institution. IPAR seeks to enhance evidence-based policymaking by conducting timely, relevant, high-quality, policy-oriented analysis, and research. It also promotes a culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues in Rwanda.
In order to meet the increasing expectations from its stakeholders, IPAR is seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated consultant to carry out the following:
Proof Reading & Drafting Reports (1 POSITION)
- Proofread through promotional materials, annual reports, workshop reports before printing
- Ensure quality of IPAR final research reports, proposals & policy briefs
- Review & proofread IPAR’s official documents, Annual reports, brochures, documents for publication
- Drafting workshop/conference reports
- Any other similar assignment by management
Desired Profile of the Consultant to take the above position
- Highly motivated applicant, with a Master’s Degree in related fields with at least 2 years of experience, a Ph.D. from a top-tier university will be an added advantage. Good interpersonal skills and at least 1 year of relevant research work experience in a think-tank or active policy research Institution
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial individual with an understanding of policy analysis and how to influence the policymaking process
- Record of quality research output demonstrable by publications in policy documents and newspapers
- Some Expertise in quality research reports writing and the willingness to learn and ability to transfer those skills to others
- Record of experience in drafting workshops/conference reports, mentoring and skills transfer within a multi-disciplinary research environment
- Experience of undertaking a similar role in a public policy research institute or think tank
- Fluency in English is essential, working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
The above candidate will report to the Executive Director.
A formal ‘Terms of Reference’ that clearly outlines delivery expectations will be agreed upon with the Executive Director and the Director of Research. Regular progress reports shall be submitted on the agreed intervals to be specified at the beginning of the contract, with a strong focus on delivery. External reporting will also be required to IPAR’s Board and funders.
Duration of Contract
The position is available for an immediate start and the duration of the initial contract is negotiable one (1) year, with the possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
A competitive fee is available for this role, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should send a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org by 17/07/2020 at 5 pm. Shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed shortly afterward. Should you have any further questions please send an e-mail to the above e-mail address with “Proof-Reading & Report writing” in the subject line.