RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANT FOR IEC PRODUCTION
I. Subject: Call for Applications for the recruitment of a consultant to carry out research and design information, education and communication (IEC) material on key laws and legal procedure for prisoners.
Lawyers of hope is a Non-Governmental Organization with the mission to seek and reach out to the most vulnerable members of Rwandan Society, in particular Children, Prisoners, Women and other needy people, to seek Justice on their behalf, and to share with them Christ Love and compassion.
Funded by USAID Duteze Imbere Ubutabera (DIU) through Chemonics International Inc., Lawyers of hope is implementing 18 months Access to Justice Activity entitled Duteze Imbere Ubutabera (DIU). The objective of DIU project is to:
Increase access to justice and enhance the rule of law in Rwanda through (a) improving judicial effectiveness in both formal court mechanisms and community justice (Abunzi), and (b) improving public understanding of judicial system processes and legal rights.
Lawyers of Hope is looking for a suitably qualified consultant or firm to assist the project in elaborating the following:
- Develop tools and methodology for the needs assessment; Conduct legal needs assessment
- Produce Needs assessment report and provide recommendations for strategic planning.
- Design a user-friendly booklet, a poster and a brochure on key laws and legal procedures. The target audience for these materials shall consist of prisoners and community stakeholders including prison officers etc. Considering this diversity in the target audience, these materials will be written in Kinyarwanda to ensure that they can be read and understood by the different categories of stakeholders.
- The consultant is expected to review existing tools developed by different actors in prison.
III. Consultant’s Profile
The consultancy will be conducted by an independent consultant or firm with the requisite skills
Set to conduct his/her mission. The consultant will demonstrate previous experience and expertise in design information, education and communication design of user-friendly booklet, poster and brochure on key laws and legal procedures for prisoners.
Prospective individuals and firms should provide a CV detailing their relevant skills and experience, the overall proposal package must have the following documents:
- A cover letter summarizing the candidate’s qualifications, experiences and motivation to carry out the activity
- The candidate has detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Updated profile of individual consultant or firm supported with resume of chief consultant
- Proposal including methodology, a work plan with timelines and cost of assignment covering all expenses
- One example of previous similar work if possible
IV How to apply:
The application files must be delivered by hand to the Lawyers of hope office address at Solace Ministry KG 563 St, Kigali in a sealed envelope by Friday 24th January before 5 pm. For any additional information, you can visit Lawyers of hope office or call on +250 785247005
All applications must include an operational e-mail address and a mobile phone number. Please note that applications sent by e-mail will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali on January 9, 2018
Me Gahizi Safari
President of the board of Lawyers of hope