Consultancy opportunity: Consultant to support the 2018 ICFP Presentations
The Ministry of Health (MOH) of Rwanda and the Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health along with many international and national partners will organize the fifth International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) in Kigali, Rwanda. The conference will be held from November 12– 15th, 2018 at Kigali Convention Centre (KCC).
Rwanda is the second East African country selected to host the ICFP, after Uganda in 2009. The selection of Rwanda was based on the success stories of recent history in the family planning especially in supporting and implementing family planning programs across the country. During the London Summit on Family Planning that occurred in July 2012, Rwanda made a huge commitment to increase investment and support for family planning and pledged to work towards the Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) goal. The FP2020 goal is to reach 120 million new users of contraception globally by 2020. Approximately 3,500 delegates from the family planning field from over 110 countries will attend the 2018 ICFP, to share research, lessons learned and best practices. The Government of Rwanda committed to working with the Bill & Melinda Gates Institute to ensure that the fifth International Conference on Family Planning event is successfully hosted in the country.
The success of this conference will depend on high commitment from the Rwandan Government and also needs strong support and intensive collaboration from national and international community including donors in supporting the preparation and implementation of the conference.
To ensure that the preparation for and ultimate execution of the conference is smooth, efficient and successful, technical assistance is needed on the ground in Rwanda to support all local abstract presenters develop a high-quality presentation for the ICFP. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) will provide financial support including the cost for the Consultant to support development of the ICFP Power Point and poster Presentations and ensure that all selected Rwandan presenters get needed support in preparation of their oral, flash and poster presentations for the conference.
Consultant Scope of Work
Under the overall supervision of the MCSP Chief of Party, the consultant to support the 2018 ICFP presentations development will be responsible for providing guidance to the ICFP abstract presenters to prepare high quality presentations in a timely manner. The purpose of this assignment is to support and provide consistent guidance to 18 local individuals whose abstracts were accepted for oral, flash and poster presentation. This will be achieved by linking with the abstract principal author and develop power point presentations and poster as per the ICFP 2018 presentations guidelines.
The consultant shall be required to submit the following deliverables to MCSP within the timeframe proposed below:
- Inception report showing methods/approaches to be used.
- In collaboration with the ICFP scientific subcommittee, support authors to develop improved, streamlined, and harmonized power point presentation and posters to be used during the 2018 ICFP.
- Ensure each presenting author among identified individuals has developed a high-quality presentation for the ICFP.
- Ensure that the presentations are submitted by the deadline provided at the conference website http://fpconference.org/
- Assess and monitor needs from abstract authors for technical support throughout the presentations preparation process.
- Develop and apply monitoring framework to assess regularly the progress of each author in developing consistent presentation.
- Provide authors with tools and resources for high-quality scientific presentation at a conference.
Required qualifications, skills and competencies
- Master Degree or equivalent in a professional health related field with an additional 3 years of related work experience and training/courses
- A minimum of 3 abstracts developed and presented as oral and 2 abstracts presented as poster in a high-level international conference
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Fluency in English and French.
- Attention to detail in all aspects for work
- Strong team player
- Ability to analyze and report accurately public health research results
- Ability and experience in research translation
- Experience with oral and poster conference presentations
- Tracked publication record and international scientific conferences (proof of attendance)
The timeframe for conducting this assignment is expected to last 30 working days starting from the beginning of September to 5th November 2018.
How to apply
Interested potential consultants are invited to submit their application files to the Jhpiego Rwanda Country Director/MCSP CoP via HR.Rwanda@jhpiego.org with “2018 ICFP Consultant ” in the subject line by August 21st, 2018. The late application shall not be considered.
The application file should include:
- Prior to application, consultant must update their profile in the database in Jhpiego Global Consultancy Registry via www.consultants-jhpiego.icims.com or register if they are not yet registered.
- Motivation letter and updated CV;
- Proof of minimum of 3 abstracts developed and presented as oral and 2 abstracts presented as poster in a high-level international conference
- 3 Professional references with full names, phone number and email address;
- Technical proposal (3 pages maximum) including the client understanding of Scope of Work;
- Proposed consultancy fees daily rate;
- The applicant is requested to compile and send his/her application documents in one file.
Only consultant candidates fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Consultancy fees will be negotiated with best consultant candidate, should not exceed local and usual consultancy rate fees, and subjected to taxes. A contract will be established between Jhpiego and selected consultant. Jhpiego reserves its rights to cancel this invitation for consultancy services at any time or to not award consultancy services contract in case the organization is not satisfied with consultancy service proposal or for whatever reason.
Done at Kigali, August 7th, 2018
Management of Jhpiego Rwanda
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees).