The Coordination office of the Partnership Rhineland-Palatinate/Rwanda (Jumelage) is announcing the following vacancy:
Coordinator for subject areas Social, Sports, Youth and School (m/f) in Kigali
The partnership between Rhineland-Palatinate (Federal State in Germany) and Rwanda exists for more than 37 years and is a successful model for decentralized and citizen-oriented development cooperation. The office in Kigali coordinates various activities in the field of education, the inclusion of people with disabilities, health, infrastructure, water and energy, local government and economic relations.
The coordination office offers the position for a coordinator. The focus of our work is on rural areas and we work closely with the local population and official bodies. We, therefore, encourage Rwandan specialists outside Kigali to apply or at least with experience and understanding from rural areas.
Responsibilities and general tasks:
- Team leader and supervision of three teams for planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities in the above-mentioned subject areas
- Coordination of all activities in close cooperation with directors
- Responsibility for annual reporting, annual planning and regular evaluation of projects
- Development of conceptual and strategic plans for the four mentioned issues
- Monitoring of regularly field visits
- Coordination of activities with other departments and partners in Rwanda and Rhineland-Palatinate
- Collaboration and communication with Rwandan and Rhineland palatinate partners, networks and other relevant dialogue forums
Required qualifications, competences and experiences:
- A university degree (Bachelor level) in a field related to development policy or social work and/ or in an educational field.
- At least two years of professional working experience or comparable experiences in two of the four working fields
- Competence skills as a team leader
- Pronounced oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office programs (word, ppt, Excel)
- Desired language skills in German
- Knowledge about German culture, knowledge about Rhineland-Palatinate an asset
- Team player and team-oriented way of working
- High organizational skills
- an exciting spectrum of projects with the opportunity to meet german& international partners
- A two-year contract with possibility of extension
- Salary is depending on qualification but based on the gross salary of 1 Million RwF including comprehensive social benefits, like health insurance, transport, etc.
How to apply
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, certificates, and references) until 25 of October 2019 via email to Kigali.email@example.com
The email attachment should be pdf format only and should not be more than 2 MB. Please quote the job title in the subject of your email.