Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position which exists at the Clinton Development Initiative. The successful candidate will be based in Kigali, with some travel to the rural parts of Rwanda. This is not an expatriate position.
Country Agribusiness Manager, Clinton Development Initiative Rwanda
The Country Agribusiness Manager (CAM) is critical to the success of CDI’s agricultural programmatic work in Rwanda. S/He will roll out the community agribusiness (CAB) approach so that all agribusiness operations are developed and function together effectively. The first phase of CAB requires strong agriculture skills to develop and train smallholder farming communities on the knowledge needed for effective crop and livestock production in ever more unpredictable weather conditions. Hands-on working experience of conservation farming, integrated soil health, pest and disease options are all pre-requisites for the role. In the second phase of CAB, the CAM requires effective business skills to lead those smallholder communities with the newly acquired agriculture skills onto acquiring agribusiness experience through our enterprise development work. S/He will continue to develop a positive working environment and a strong team culture, leading our grower group interventions to remain at the cutting edge of agricultural development and serve our farmer communities within CDI’s network. The Country Agribusiness Manager is responsible for all aspects of CDI’s agricultural management in Rwanda, including program management, operations, financials, compliance, collaboration with partners and government officials and achieving the goals for economic and social impact within our target farmer populations. S/He will also oversee and control compliance with the Clinton Foundation’s policies and its donors’ reporting, finance, and HR protocols.
- A bachelor’s degree in agriculture business or related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of 7 years in the agriculture sector; experience working with donors, Rwandan Government and other associated organizations; experience interacting or working directly with the private sector.
- Hands-on working experience in conservation farming, integrated soil health, pest and disease options are all pre-requisites for the role;
- Knowledge of writing grants, to fund programs; ability to manage budgets;
- Familiar with work, operations, and policies of MINAGR, RDB and RAB, and knowledge of NGO practice in Rwanda
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; Strong project management skills, sound judgment, ability to prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English.
How to Apply
Please apply through the following link: https://forms.clintonfoundation.org/view.php?id=16007
Closing date for receiving applications is August 26, 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.