Position: In Country Program Director
Type: Full Time, 2 year, Independent Contractor
Reports to: Senior Director and Executive Director
Position Location: Rwanda (between Kigali and Kayonza District)
Start Date: TBD (early-mid 2019)
Shooting Touch is an international sport-for-development organization that uses the power of sport to educate and empower at-risk youth, women and their communities to live healthier lives.
To create a world where people from disadvantaged communities have the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
Founded in 2007, Shooting Touch Inc. utilizes a sport-for-social-development model that provides at-risk youth with increased access to physical activity and education that encourages healthy habits and personal development.
Specifically, we use the sport of basketball to achieve two objectives: 1) promote equal access to physical activity and wellness; and 2) provide health and educational services. We provide youth with on and off the court programming that combines on-court skills and lessons and off court values and education.
Shooting Touch implements two signature programs:
1. Boston: program providing 150 girls, ages 9-17, with opportunities to participate in supportive and female-friendly programming that provides off-court health education, mentorship, and academic tutoring; and 2. Rwanda: serving over 1,500 youth ages 7-21, & 350 women ages 21+, from 4 rural communities in the Republic of Rwanda’s Eastern Province, providing these poverty-stricken communities with essential health education and intervention.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all management of Programming, Staff, and Fellows;
- Assist SPD with partnerships and operations of the organization;
- Manage all financial allocations to staff within the international program budget;
- Manage all monthly and Quarterly reporting;
- Provide content and feedback on programming and impact to Executive
- Director and Senior Program Director;
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of programming;
- Work closely with Senior Program Director to constantly evaluate outcomes
- and direction of programming; and
- Work closely with SPD and Executive Director to assist with grants, award
- Submissions and domestic programming and overall organizational strategy.
- Bachelor Degree in health or management or 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, delegate, and motivate team members.
- Strong management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate problems.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in implementing activities outlined in awarded grants.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of international program management and experience analyzing, providing insight, support, and direction to ensure continued program progress.
Compensation and Vacation:
Between $18,000-$21,000 annually (determined by experience and expertise)
How to Apply:
All candidates should email a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Shooting Touch ICPD” in the subject line. Deadline is February 15th.
As Shooting Touch grows, this position and our core model will likely evolve.
However, this MOU should provide a baseline of understanding of what it expected for this role and what you will receive in return. We know you will surpass all expectations and are so excited to see you grow into an even bigger role within this organization.