Job Vacancy: Credit Risk Manager
About Ecobank Rwanda Plc
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for experienced professional in the following area
Role Title: Credit Risk Manager
Reporting: Head of Credit
The Job has been designed by the management for the purpose of managing the credit risks for the overall bank’s credit portfolio in partnership with Head Credit
The purposes/main accountabilities for this role are in the following tasks:
- Works with other stakeholders to establish an appropriate strategy and enabling policies in support of the business strategy for all lending products;
- Works with other stakeholders to set up/upgrade the risk infrastructure (people, systems, etc.…);
- Supporting appropriate policies for different customer segments, allowing the sales team to enter approved target market segments;
- Review credit products and make appropriate recommendations where product is leading to high losses;
- In partnership with the business, take the responsibility for the credit performance;
- Provide hands-on training to the risk management and business teams;
- Work with the stakeholders to deliver the results within the risk governance framework;
- Work with the Group/Regional Credit, Group Commercial and Consumer credit and /or Local Board to obtain approvals beyond the approved authority levels of the Country Credit Committee (BCC).
KEY RESULTS AREAS (KRA) AND ACTIVITIES
The main focus of credit risk review, approval and control activities are as follows:
- Target market and business strategy definition in conjunction with Business departments Heads, Head of Credit and Managing Director;
- Together with business, development, review and approval of product programs;
- Reviews/approvals of credit facilities (PPs and CA packages) recommended by different business segments within the spirit of the GCPPM as well as in line with the approved PPs;
- Monitoring of credit facilities and program limits to ensure that they are observed and excesses are promptly addressed (including TODs and PDOs reviews);
- Setting and monitoring of risk concentration limits;
- Supervision of credit administration and remedial units together with the units’ heads;
- Provision of risk management trainings within the country;
- Correction action on all Risk issues raised by the regulator, the internal auditors, the external auditors as well as the Group auditors.
- Maintain a good quality and well balanced and diversified Credit Portfolio
- Provide Credit Training and support to Credit Officers and Relationship Officers
- Monitor Projects financed by the banks together with Business Units
- Coordinate the process of Credit RCSAs
- Coordinate the management of E&S risks and provide related training to credit and relationship officers
- Quality of leadership experienced throughout the unit and how effectively that translates into a conducive work environment and employee satisfaction
- Ensure all policies of the Bank as well as laws and regulations relating to the Bank’s lending activities are observed
- Manage the credit Appraisal and approval system, ensuring that appropriate reviews of credit proposals are undertaken on a timely basis.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS/STANDARDS
- NPL Targets
- Portfolio at risk targets
- NPL coverage Targets
- Achieve satisfactory audit ratings
- Credit Risk analysis and approval standards or benchmarks
- All credit files (PPs and CA packages) to be approved within the agreed SLA.
- Annual reviews/approvals of the Product Programs (PPs) every year.
- The regulator, Central Bank of Rwanda (BNR);
- External auditors;
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- All business segments/departments: Corporate Bank, Commercial and Consumer Bank;
- Audit, Compliance, Internal control, Treasury, Legal, Operations and Finance departments;
- Managing Director;
- Group/Regional Risk Management
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Economics and/or Finance, Professional courses in Banking, MBA
- 6-10-year experience in the banking sector, managerial experience also required.
- Four years’ experience in credit risk management in the Banking sector.
Behavior skills and technical skills
- Provide leadership and capacity development for the Risk Management department;
- Maintain productive working relationships with the line managers in the business development/Risk;
- To demonstrate ability in quantitative analysis;
- Sound working knowledge of credit risk analysis, lending and collections;
- Thorough understanding of credit scoring validation techniques;
- Detailed oriented with an eye for precision;
- Prior joining the position the employee must have a satisfactory evaluation marks and not blacklisted anywhere
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunities company and females’ candidates are encouraged to apply, If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) by clicking on the Apply button below to send their applications no later than December 2, 2022
Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
Due to expected high volume of applications we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
ECOBANK RWANDA MANAGEMENT