Job Opportunity: Customer Care Officer (1)
LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES – LHS Ltd is an incorporated company, registered with the Rwanda Development Board. Its main objectives is to improve surgical care delivery in Rwanda by augmenting the Rwandan Health Sector with much needed ambulatory and elective surgical services through EJO HEZA SURGICAL CENTRE, a Specialized Hospital for General Surgery, Trauma – Orthopedics, Pediatric Surgery, ENT surgery, Urology, Cleft Surgery and Neurosurgery.
Principal place of business:
- LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES / EJO HEZA SURGICAL CENTRE,
- KIGALI CITY, DISTRICT OF GASABO, SECTOR OF REMERA, CELL OF RUKIRI 1,
- KG 636 ST 3
- O. Box 2416 Kigali
Despite our government’s major achievements within the health sector, the need for surgical services is still huge. University Hospitals, where most of the specialist surgeons work, must focus most of their efforts managing the most acutely unwell patients and patients with other complicated surgical conditions. The less acute and less complicated surgical conditions that are normally managed on elective basis have less and less room in the referral hospitals. They are usually scheduled and the waiting time is more or less 6 months. We are often finding that the long waiting times can result in the simple case becoming emergency or complicated – for instance, the simple inguinal hernia that progresses to a strangulated hernia. These cases then further impact the compound situation at the referral hospitals.
Ejo Heza Surgical Centre offers an opportunity for surgical treatment to the above mentioned patients through ambulatory surgical services with extended recovery area for up to 72 hours.
Ejo Heza Surgical Centre was opened to the public in July 2016 with a focus on the care of elective surgical conditions in the areas of General Surgery, Cleft Surgery and Trauma – orthopedics.
Since November 2019 Ejo Heza surgical centre was granted by the Ministry of Health the license to include other surgical specialties such as Urology, Neurosurgery, Pediatric Surgery and ENT Surgery.
In addition to be fully equipped with modern surgical and diagnostic equipment, Ejo Heza Surgical Centre employs highly qualified health care professionals in order to meet the needs of the patients.
To be the trusted Leader in caring for people
At Ejo Heza Surgical Centre, we are committed to providing excellence in the delivery of surgical care within a cost effective manner.
We are not only committed to providing timely individualized care but also treating both our patients and their families with compassion and respect.
Service: We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients and co- workers
Patient first: The patient is our first priority in everything we do
Professionalism: We conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards
Respect: We treat each individual with the highest professionalism and dignity
Innovation: We embrace change and work to improve all we do
Teamwork: We believe that system effectiveness is built on collective strength of everyone
SUMMARY OF SCOPE OF WORK
LHS/EHSC seeks the Customer Care Officer, who will be reporting to the Hospital Administration Manager. The Receptionist will be responsible for greeting, registering patients and verifying accuracy of patient demographic information, entering information accurately into practice management application, and posting payments into system and balance cash/checks/credit cards daily.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serves patients by greeting and helping them, scheduling appointments, and maintaining records and accounts.
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone and answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, and reminding providers of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges, controlling credit extended to patients, and filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, and scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Technical requirements/Competencies /Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, General Nursing or equivalent relevant field.
- At least 4 years working experience in managing a busy Medical Clinic or Hospital.
- Relevant experience preferably in a dynamic clinical office / Health environment.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point)
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to change quickly.
- Exceptional phone manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical record (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to apply knowledge of office procedures and carry out tasks accordingly
- Ability to utilize the EMR system effectively.
- Be a self-starter with attention to detail
- Must be flexible, organized, and function well under pressure
- Bi-lingual English/French is a plus
How to apply:
Applications must be sent to the Managing Director via email: email@example.com with “Customer Care Officer” in the subject line, no later than My 21, 2021.
NB: The application file should be submitted in one PDF file that combines:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV (3 pages max), including three professional references. References should include the current direct supervisor and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
- Notarised academic degrees.
- Copy of medical insurance card.
- Proof of employment history.
LEADERS IN HEALTH SERVICES – LHS Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful.