JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DATA ARCHITECTURE EXPERT (M/F)
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Agriculture development and Food Security, Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Its staff members in Brussels and overseas embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity.
Digitalization is critical for the transformation of government procedures, processes, and service delivery.
It’s in this context that Rwanda Information Society (RISA) is mandated to implement national Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) policies and digitalization programs in order to: fast-track socio-economic growth; accelerate community development through mainstreaming ICT in national socio-economic sectors; and prepare/coordinate programs that increase the required skills in the field of ICT to achieve a knowledge-based economy.
One of the initiatives being pursued by RISA is the Government Business Intelligence Solution (GBIS) which is seeking to provide an integrated business intelligence platform in order to enable decision-making by various government entities/leaders. It is part of an overarching government architecture framework, the government stack. The GBIS responds to the specific requirements for business intelligence and data analytics inside the government. Currently, it is fully operational and will be extended according to the Government of Rwanda (GoR) data architecture vision. The current environment supports not only creation and management of dashboards, but also connection to several data endpoints/sources. The GBIS will enable GoR institutions to respectively report via an integrated framework. Allowing high-level GoR decision-makers to keep track of achievements, interrogate the data and propose timely courses of action.
Understandably, data classification, cataloguing and integration are paramount for the GBIS to achieve its mission and there are ongoing initiatives to categorize/catalogue/classify existing data within the different data sources in GoR with an effort to reach standardized data governance and data discovery.
In this context, Enabel is actively looking for a Data Architecture Expert ( M/F) who will come onboard to orchestrate and steer the technical initiatives and harmonize the data architecture across GoR.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda.
Duration of the contract: Fixed term period (12 months) – local contract according to the Rwandan labour law
Expected starting date: Immediately.
Salary package according to our salary grids (class 6: Sector & Thematic Expert): From 3.351.622RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Portfolio Manager in close collaboration with the Rwanda Information Society Authority “RISA”, the Data Architecture Expert will be fostering the use of the GBIS throughout the GoR, not only by assessing and supporting the infrastructure development, but also the data and the data integration requirements for all sectors, ministries and all the affiliated institutions.
In general (s)he will:
- You contribute to the implementation of the data architecture vision by taking part in the planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- You define the data architecture framework, standards, and principles and you translate business requirements into technical specifications (including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses);
- You advise on the basis of your technical expertise, in order to achieve performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards;
- You organize knowledge building and knowledge management in order to create an inclusive, informed climate of trust within the project;
- You contribute to the capacity development of RISA.
Qualification and experience
- Rwanda Citizens or Allowed work in Rwanda;
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in data analytics and architecture with a proven track record of designing complex Business Intelligence IT architecture;
- Relevant Certificates in standard Information Technologies fields are considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of aspects of international development (context, challenges, application, partners, functioning…);
- Proven knowledge in the fields of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Beats, Kafka Streaming, and cloud architecture;
- You are knowledgeable in the main areas of Data Warehouse development (data modeling, ETL development, data cleansing, OLAP design, application development, production automation, and system/database administration);
- Ability to implement a change process;
- Knowledge management and knowledge building;
- You are result and solution-oriented;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English (fluent in spoken and written) is required French being an asset,
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills;
- Demonstrate proven knowledge in institutional building and strategies development.
- Experience and working experience with international organizations;
- Capacity to work with multiple stakeholders across a wide range of disciplines;
- Demonstrated networking, team-building and organizational skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure with minimum supervision; High sense of responsibility and integrity;
- Adaptability, cultural-gender-age-religion-nationality sensitivity
- High level of rigor and integrity
- Able to fit in a collaborative governance mindset (Self-responsible, accountable, authentic communication …)
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission, and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values) .
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
How to Apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Job in Rwanda by “ filling out the application form carefully ” including detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages), a motivation letter, and a copy of a university degree(s). Past and current service certificates also need to be attached to the application (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting). Submit the full file no later than 22nd March 2023.
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.
Enabel never requests money to be part of any of the recruitment process.
Done at Kigali, 15th March 2023
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda