Deputy Internal Audit Associate
Function: Internal Audit
Employer: One Acre Fund
Position: Deputy Internal Audit Associate
Job Location: Kigali
Deadline: November 30th, 2018
Commitment: Minimum commitment of 2 years
The objective of One Acre Fund’s Internal Audit department is to ensure organization resources are used efficiently and effectively, enabling the organization to meet its objectives. The department carries out a risk-based audit approach following internal audit best practices set out by the Internal Audits while also understanding the variety of local contexts in which our teams operate and serve farmers.
Our work enables the organization to:
- Prevent fraud and errors;
- Ensure regulatory compliance;
- Increase efficiency and maximize our impact to farmers;
- Ensure accurate information is used for decision making and reporting.
Reporting to the Global Internal Audit Associate
The Rwanda Internal Audit Associate will be responsible for:
Delivering audit projects in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology and within set KPIs, including:
- The Rwanda annual audit plan as approved by the Finance Committee;
- Management Requests placed by Senior Management in Rwanda and/or Internal Audit Leadership.
Reporting results through the following channels:
- Audit Reports to stakeholders for every audit engagement, structured findings following the 5Cs-guidance and agreeing clear actions, timelines and ownership;
- Executive memos and ad-hoc analysis as required;
- Supporting and tracking the closure of actions through our finding tracking system;
- Quarterly Updates to Country Directors.
Supporting the professional development of the Internal Audit Team:
- Weekly check-ins with direct reports, both for status updates and to help them brainstorm new topics;
- Reviewing audit deliverable and providing constructive and balanced feedback to the team on their work on an ongoing basis;
- Holding Country Team Leads accountable for the documentation of audit engagements following the Internal Audit Methodology;
- Identifying and leading internal training or professional development opportunities.
Supporting Internal Audit’s Strategic Direction:
- Draft the Annual Audit Plan for proposal to the Country Director through risk ranking of the audit universe for Rwanda including holding meetings with senior stakeholders to identify key organizational priorities for the year to come;
- Define and deliver Rwanda Internal Audit objectives on annual basis;
- Actively support the closure of key audit findings.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Growth in this role with come from developing a strong team, allowing you to spend an increasing share of your time managing senior relationships and shaping the strategic direction of OAF in Rwanda through consulting engagements.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with six years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences including managing an audit team and/or function from annual planning to reporting, in an environment not only focused on legal and financial compliance but also the operational risk. The ideal candidate will have the ability to research and understand new processes and teams quickly, leading to the ability to confidently challenge the status quo.
- Strong educational background; degree in a relevant field such as accounting, supply chain or development is preferred.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. IIA, CIA, CFE, CPA, PM) is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to build autonomous teams and manage multiple complex projects that include stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda required. French a plus.
Please click on this link: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=1393387
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via emails and phone calls