About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About our team
Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truck loads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, analyzing loan repayments...
Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, Angular, Docker, MS SQL, and our tooling landscape includes GitHub, JIRA, Azure DevOps...
What you'll do
- Operate a dozen applications our farmers depend on
- Manage and automate our cloud infrastructure
- Manage a set of tools to support a smooth development cycle from commit to deployment
- Mentor junior team members
- Help shape our architecture decisions
You'll report directly to our head of architecture.
What you need
- 2+ years of work experience; bonus points if this work was in a country/region where we operate or social impact-related.
- Programming skills with a focus on SQL (MSSQL preferred) and scripting (Powershell, Shell, Python)
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms (Azure preferred)
- Knowledge of Software Development Process and multiple DevOps Tools, including:
- Version control software (Git preferred)
- Build and release tools (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Automated Testing Tools (JMeter, Katalon, and Selenium preferred)
- Container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Monitor Software (Splunk, Elasticsearch)
- Curious mind and a willingness to help feed the world
- Experience living in a country/region where we work is desired, but not a requirement
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years
- Language: English
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits including professional development and personal travel allowances
- 5 weeks leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- Flexible Bring-Your-Own-Device policy with laptop allowance
- Free-lunch Fridays and regular happy hour nights
- A rare opportunity to make an impact in the world by working with a top-ranked social enterprise!
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes. East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes, Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards, and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurriculars, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.