ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truckloads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, analyzing loan repayments.
Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, React (Native), Docker/Kubernetes, and our tooling landscape include GitHub, JIRA, Slack, Azure DevOps.
- Report to the DevOps manager and join a team of ~5 engineers
- Operate a dozen applications our farmers depend on, making up ~200 containers
- Manage and automate our cloud infrastructure based on Kubernetes / Azure Devops / Elasticsearch
- Manage a set of tools to support a smooth development cycle from commit to deployment
- Help shape our architecture decisions
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of work experience; bonus points if this work was in a country/region where we operate or social impact-related.
- High proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of CI / build and release tools (Azure DevOps is ideal)
- Experience working with public Cloud platforms (Azure preferred, but AWS and Google Cloud also fine)
- Scripting Skills (BASH preferred, powershell/CMD fine)
- Knowledge of automated testing tools recommended (JMeter / Selenium / Cypress)
- Curious mind and a willingness to help feed the world
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits including professional development and personal travel allowances
- 6 weeks leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- Flexible Bring-Your-Own-Device policy with laptop allowance
- Free-lunch Fridays and regular happy hour nights
- A rare opportunity to make an impact in the world by working with a top-ranked social enterprise!
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
26 December 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.