BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and the empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from the National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions.
- Position: Digital Implementation Manager
Job Location: BRAC Rwanda Country Office
Salary Range: Negotiable
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and innovative products that meet the needs of our target clients, leveraging (when necessary) available tech and digital channels.
- Develop and drive BRAC Rwanda strategy on the use of digital financial services (DFS) and its implementation on the ground
- Cooperate with the country IT and operations teams to implement the digital strategy and work with the teams to adapt their processes and products accordingly
- Keep an active watch on digital technologies available in the market that may improve the quality and efficiency of our field operations, and product and service delivery
- Develop and manage relationships with third parties such as digital solutions suppliers, fintechs, developers etc. in Rwanda
- Define implementation plans, including change management aspects, to maximize project impact.
Knowledge, Skill & Competence
- In-depth understanding of the key drivers in a digital product/emerging technology business
- Insight into the way that digital transformation is affecting industry and knowledge of best practices
- Experience in digital project management, including technological aspects that enabled you to develop skills in understanding business needs and transcribing them into functional specifications for a digital tool
- Drive, flexibility, resilience and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to initiate and facilitate interactions with people who can share their insights and knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to translate complex technological implementation language to non-technical people
- Fluency in English required (spoken, reading and written)
- Familiarity and experience with microfinance is strongly preferred
Educational Qualifications: Master’s/ Bachelor with any of the following Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Development Studies, Information Technology, Engineering.
Experience: Three years of related experience working in financial inclusion, product development, digital finance, microfinance/micro-lending, technology for development, payment platforms.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 31st January 2020 at 16hrs.