Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund is one of the largest social enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa. In 2020, we will serve more than 1 million farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff.
We supply smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The Digital Marketing Associate will lead our digital marketing strategy globally, and fill our marketing funnel with engaged audiences. You will directly lead our marketing efforts focused on potential job candidates, and advise teams on digital marketing to farmers and donors.
You’ll play a hands-on role in developing campaigns to build our employer brand and attract job candidates. You’ll work with our in-house media relations team and the creative unit, which includes graphic designers, photographers, a videographer and writer.
You will report directly to the Global Director of Communications and help improve our employer brand as we continue to grow and serve more farm families.
- Lead a full-funnel marketing strategy. Design a comprehensive digital marketing strategy to attract and engage potential job candidates at all stages of our funnel.
- Develop creative briefs. Working with the Creative Director, develop regular creative briefs including audience insights, messaging, channel mix and expected results.
- Analyze data and apply insights. Use campaign data and results to improve strategy, advise the Recruitment team, and make recommendations to senior leaders.
- Project manage campaigns. Manage project scopes, develop detailed work-plans, and coordinate contributors to ensure campaigns are on time and on budget.
- Advise on best practices. Draw on marketing best practices to recommend new approaches to content, channels, audience segmentation, and brand measurement.
- Manage staff. Manage one direct report who executes content publishing and digital advertising, and coordinates vendors (web developer and SEO).
You are a data-minded digital marketer who can do long-term brand planning and can also get hands-on with A/B testing and copywriting as needed. You will have experience working across the major digital marketing channels and linking your work directly to results for the business.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 5+ years experience in a digital marketing role, leading full-funnel strategies across paid, owned, and earned media
- Experience reading marketing data and pulling insights that inform strategy, creative marketing briefs, and reports to executive leaders
- Advanced experience with social media advertising, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics
- Outstanding ability to manage complex projects with creative teams and external partners
- Knowledge of the East African market is preferred, particularly Kenya
- Management experience is preferred
- Language: English fluency required; Swahili or French is a plus
- Location: Can work full-time in Nairobi or Kigali
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes. East Africans are encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.