The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co‐curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture.
Based in Gashora and Rweru sectors of Bugesera District, RICA's lakeside campus features teaching facilities including 6 modern working farms and world-class classrooms and laboratories. A commercial kitchen will soon be in place to serve the campus' 300+ population of students, faculty, and staff.
We are seeking a Dining Manager to be in charge of managing the dining and food preparation staff. Responsibilities include ordering the food, preparing and delivering it and cleaning up afterward. They will also plan the menu, which includes making healthy food choices. Their responsibility will also cover the day to day management and delivery of an efficient and effective kitchen service across campus and accountable for the financial and operational performance of the kitchen serves as a whole.
- Manage the activities of all kitchen staff, including the sous chefs, and have overall responsibility for the quality and quantity of work.
- Prepare and provide food and beverage menus and selections that are healthy, imaginative, varied, attractive, and comply with relevant nutritional standards and regulations.
- Monitor and control food and beverage costs and stock levels, and maintain an accurate and up to date inventory of food and beverage stocks.
- The promotion of food safety and food hygiene and the raising of awareness of the importance of food safety and food hygiene amongst all kitchen staff.
- Develop and implement a programme for monitoring continuously the quality of the service and food products provided by the kitchen service as well as the performance of individual members of the kitchen staff.
- Be accountable for the effective financial management and control of all resources used in the delivery of the kitchen service including food, labour, overheads, and equipment.
- Ability to write and speak in English
- Proven experience in a large kitchen
- Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
- Be detailed and creative
- Bachelor’s degree
- Managerial experience
- Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French
- Understanding of good nutrition
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your application form using the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZ9uVoIarfhCa40gy2wnEx1V563WPHPnaniQu5h_v7FuabgA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Review of applications will begin June 10th, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.