University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change-makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Title: Director of Executive Education
Reports to: Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Academic Affairs
Location: Kigali and Butaro with travels locally and Internationally
Role Purpose: This role is responsible for the creation and delivery of custom certificate courses to train global health implementers. The Director is also responsible for leading the development and implementation of the Executive Education strategy within the University. There is potential for this role to hold a faculty position, depending on the candidate's qualifications.
- Oversee program design and implementation of short-course certificate programs in health care delivery, management, and leadership in line with market needs and global standards;
- Work in partnership with UGHE teams focused on the programmatic, financial, operational, and administrative, with keen attention to and the responsibility for success in both content delivery and program operations;
- Lead the recruitment of the department’s full-time and part-time hires as necessary;
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation processes to track programmatic data and to apply lessons learned to not only continuously improve existing programs but also to thoughtfully accelerate the growth of the Executive Education portfolio;
- Oversee participants’ admission process in collaboration with program organizers and donors, as needed;
Pending background and interests:
- Serve as a teacher and mentor to Executive Education participants, MGHD (Global Health Delivery) and MBBS (MD) students;
- Participate in the teaching and learning programs across the different academic programs at UGHE such as Gender Equity, MGHD (Global Health Delivery), MBBS (MD) and others ;
- Conduct academic research and quality improvement activities in collaboration with faculty members and staff of UGHE.
Business Development and Administration Responsibilities
- Retain existing clients supporting executive education offerings that leverage UGHE and Partners In Health’s unique expertise to enhance the University’s community impact;
- Identify and actively network with prospective clients to cultivate strong relationships, establish a solid program pipeline, and build the capacity of leaders within their organizations (governmental, non-governmental, and private sector) through Executive Education;
- Develop and manage the department’s budget;
- Oversee the recruitment of faculty and other teaching-related staff and support the courses’ content development process and delivery;
- Serve on different UGHE committees and responsibilities as assigned by the leadership;
- Supervise Executive Education team members, supporting their growth, performance, and professional development.
- Be a member of different committees and working groups
- At least 5 years of management experience in a director-level position required (7+ years preferred), ideally within an international educational environment;
- Master’s or advanced degree in public/global health, education, business, administration, or a related field;
- Knowledge of the Executive Education market/industry on a global scale required;
- Fluency with global health issues;
- Knowledgeable about the landscape of global leadership training; leadership coaching certification or another relevant credential an added bonus.
- Deep connections and contacts within global health networks;
- Demonstrated experience in business development, complex sales, and strategic partnerships development;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and the ability to adapt communications to a range of audiences;
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of organizations, including NGOs, governmental bodies and ministries, and global universities;
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity.
- English proficiency required; French proficiency strongly preferred.