EPD intends to recruit a qualified and competent candidate to fill the position of Director of Operations on a full-time basis.
Energy Private Developer’s association is a registered professional association in Rwanda, regrouping private companies operating in the energy sector. It is one of the 5 associations composing the Chamber of Industry under the Private Sector Federation (PSF) of Rwanda. EPD focuses on the advocacy of its members, encouraging collaboration and partnership for the development of the energy sector in Rwanda. The statutes and articles of Energy Private Developers’ association have been published in Official Gazette of Rwanda, No 41 of 13/10/2014. Website: www.epdrwanda.com
Job Title: Director of Operations
The Director shall:
- Directing all operational activities of EPD within its established guidelines
- Translating the organization’s strategic plans into defined operational plans
- Restructuring an organization’s activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinating EPD projects and generate and submit all project’s reports to the CEO
- Minimizing operation expenditure within the organization wherever possible
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote Association culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the Association and update the executives
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.)
- Propose development projects for EPD to be presented to partners,
- Manage relationships with partners.
- Develop activities that lead to fund-raising and brand awareness;
- Other related duties that may be requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
- And he/she will be reporting directly to the CEO
Job Specification (Requirements)
- To be Rwandan;
- To hold a Master’s level degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Business and Management (MBM);
- Proven five (5) years’ experience as Director of Operations equivalent position;
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership abilities;
- Knowledge of industry’s performance, legal rules, and guidelines;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in Rwanda;
- Strong networking and negotiation skills, stakeholder management skills and an ability to communicate complex business ideas;
- Demonstrable track record in management, developing strategies and delivering implementation plans within budgets and timelines;
- Strong business acumen;
- Commercial awareness with an eye for seeing an organization’s improvement opportunities.
Posts: One (1)
All interested candidates will submit their application documents including motivation letter, CV, academic credentials as well as any experience related certificates via email and in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23rd August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will be conducted later to the successful candidates.
Please title the email in the Subject field as “Application for a vacancy of EPD’s Director of Operations”.
Done at Kigali on 8th August 2019
Mr. Sanday KABAREBE
Chief Executive Officer