Director of Partnerships
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Kigali, Rwanda
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change-makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Title: Director of Partnerships
Reports to: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Rwanda with a lot of International Travels
ROLE PURPOSE: This role exists to raise financial support and create partnerships to support the University around the world.
- Develop UGHE’s fundraising strategy with KPIs, in consultation with the Executive Leadership Team of UGHE, to outline the University’s fundraising priorities;
- Implement and manage the University fundraising efforts according to set targets aimed at raising funds to support the overall objectives and priorities of UGHE;
- Monitor the progress towards fundraising goals and make an appropriate adjustment to the fundraising strategy;
- Prepare quarterly reports on fundraising campaign progress and present them to the Executive Leadership Team of UGHE to update and inform UGHE’s corporate decision making;
- Oversee the fund-raising campaign communications by creating content for the UGHE newsletter and talking points for the media whilst integrating campaign milestones into ongoing public relations outreach;
- Facilitate the fundraising committee activities to enhance participation from all senior management members and report to the VC;
- Project and manage the campaign fundraising budget to ensure the department has adequate funds to achieve its objectives of raising more for UGHE
- Establish and track against growth targets across each member of the Development Team
- Manage pipeline and deliver a monthly report to the VC of fundraising and implementation of ongoing programs
Donor prospecting, cultivation, and management
- Develop and engage in research of the University’s campaign prospect list in line with UGHE fundraising campaign strategy;
- Champion the engagement and develop tactics to initiate relationships with prospective funders and partners;
- Provide support to staff, Board members and Volunteers in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activity in support of UGHE’s fundraising campaign;
- Diversify the current geographic relationships with prospective funders and partners
- In collaboration with Partners in Health Development Team plan for donor visits to Rwanda and coordinate other targeted contacts with donors and prospects; and
- Manage donor acknowledgment, stewardship, and public recognition, as appropriate to recognize their contribution and provide chances for future support.
Proposal development and grants management
- Convene and lead multidisciplinary teams, representing appropriate organizational stakeholders to conceptualize proposals and develop budgets reflecting UGHE’s strategic priorities;
- Write and edit persuasive requests for funding, such as letters of inquiry, concept papers, proposals, and grant applications, partnership agreements, MOU’s, etc.
- as well as reports and other updates to donors in consultation with UGHE Financial Team, program; and
- Coordinate with other staff on gift accounting, gift acknowledgment, accurate record-keeping, and timely financial reporting in coordination with UGHE finances.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree in finances, international relations, business administration, political science, or a related field.
- Special training and experiences as a development director or in funds raising
- Demonstrable track record of strategic fundraising and a proven track record of meeting challenging income targets
- Proven ability to build, manage, and develop key client and donor relationships.
- Member of a professional body relevant to their field of specialization and holder of a practice license is additional value.
- At least 5 years of experiences in a similar role
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A great working environment that allows one to reach their greatest potential.
- Prospective career growth opportunities.
UGHE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.