Job Description – Project Leadership
1. POSITION DETAILS
- Position Director, Sales & Marketing
- Department Sales & Marketing
- Reports to Area Manager
- Subordinates Sales and Marketing Team
2. JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS
To ensure the efficient running of the Sales and Marketing department through achieving budgeted Colleagues Satisfaction, Guest Satisfaction and GOP results for each area
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Align management style, working practices, and conduct with One&Only Rwanda and Kerzner’s vision, Global Support values, operating standards, and policies. To comply with Kerzner’s code of conduct at all times.
- Personally build clear and open lines of communication with all departments
- Understand and abide by all Government laws relating to the Sales and Marketing department.
- Develop strategies and initiatives to increase the resort’s market share.
- Understand Rwanda’s business trend in terms of targeting the right market. Also, be aware of the political uplift of the country.
- Work in conjunction with the F&B creating, implementing, and assessing Food and Beverage promotions and marketing.
- Be actively involved in maintaining all Kerzner International programs.
- Be critical and demanding of operating standards.
- Monitor and control all financial aspects of the business including the preparation of the annual commercial plan.
- Add value through revenue growth and operational efficiency through process improvement; understand and focus on the key drivers of sales, associate and customer satisfaction, profitability, and quality
- Build a team with different opinions, skills, experiences, and backgrounds; leverage personal, cultural, and functional differences to optimize team performance.
- Align plans with business strategy; understand short- and long-term impact of business decisions.
- Actively involved and work with the Finance department in tour operator contracting.
- Organize tour operator visits to One&Only Rwanda to showcase the resort on a regular intervals.
- Travel to various part of the world to attend business fair, meet up with tour operation to enhance business opportunity for the resort.
- Ensure all communications are aligned to the One&Only brand image.
- Conduct regular creative events, key account appointments and activity programs to ensure all important contacts are regularly updated and entertained, keeping One&Only Rwanda top of mind.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the community.
- Conduct competitor analysis including market share, rates, new projects, and developments and keep EXCOM abreast of the market conditions.
- Devise and implement plans to maximize rooms and food & beverage yield.
- Be present to interact with all festive guests including the repeater and new guests to obtain another business opportunity for upcoming years.
- Be well versed and knowledgeable of the hotel's Fire Evacuation and all Emergency procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure colleagues are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Be innovative with everything you do.
- Create an environment that trains, develops, coaches, and mentors colleagues.
- Dedicate time to your personal development.
- Where required develop policy, formulate direction and strategy.
- Conduct weekly SMART Plan review with all direct reports to ensure follows up to achieve the agreed goals & objectives.
- Frequently travel to Resorts to manage, support, and train your Colleagues in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours, and customer meetings.
- Drive GSQ action plan follow-up on a monthly basis with direct reports.
- Conduct monthly marketing meetings with DOF, Chef, and Spa Manager to ensure actions to deliver the overall commercial plan are achieved.
- Conduct monthly marketing meetings with all RSOs to ensure actions to deliver the overall commercial plan are achieved.
- Deliver a monthly report on key issues, developments, outstanding works, and personal and financial concerns to AREA MANAGER and cc EXCOM.
- Build and maintain relationships with key technical managers and decision-makers in the government, different ministries, and local authorities. Act as a key point of contact.
- Familiarize and keep up with all government requirements applicable to hospitality in Rwanda to support corporate programs, operational management, and Area Manager to ensure compliance.
- Develop guidelines including all requirements, procedures, and processes.
- Ensure senior One&Only staff are aware of and understand any concerns of government officials regarding operations, and that such concerns are factored into One&Only communication strategy and programming.
- Ensure active follow-up on outstanding applications filed with various government ministries, responding to queries from authorities in a timely manner.
- Work with authorities to secure all required authorizations and permissions to facilitate smooth implementation and operational strategies.
- Directly manager specified departments that have been assigned by AREA MANAGER.
- Undertake additional duties as requested by the Area Manager.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop colleagues.
- Be innovative, financially savvy, Connect emotionally with guests and internal customers.
- Be well versed in the Colleagues competencies of Kerzner International,
- 2 Years’ experience in a similar position in an executive committee capacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, People Management Skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Well verged with technology, which helps Sales & Marketing to take next level.
- Master’s in business administration/sales
3. CORE VALUES & COMPETENCIES
Blow Away the Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4. FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I engage the organization to achieve its goals
- I welcome and solicit opinions from all relevant people when making decisions
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I understand the full scope of my duties and demonstrate initiative
- I take responsibility for my actions
- Good knowledge and understanding of government settings/functions and specifically the Government of Rwanda and the region we operate.
Planning & Organizing
- I anticipate the impact of initiatives and plan accordingly
- I am able to manage multiple objectives and priorities effectively
Team Management & Development (Influencing & Working with Others – see notes below)
- I am able to identify potential colleagues and develop them for their success and the benefit of the organization
- I am a mentor and coach to my colleagues to develop them
Where Colleagues do not have anyone to supervise,
then the competency will be replaced by with the following 2 behaviors:
- I am able to influence others when required to speak and present ideas
- I am able to motivate other colleagues towards the common goals of the organization
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- I create an environment that supports logical decision making
- I am able to identify and solve issues and do assume responsibility in risky decisions
Innovation & Creativity
- I regularly seek new opportunities for change
- I drive the implementation of change initiatives
Drive for results
- I set clear, realistic, and challenging goals for my department & team
- I communicate clearly the business targets to my team and am able to steer them to achieve the results
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) all in one document via the " Apply for this job" button not later than the 26th July 2021.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.