Green Hills Academy (GHA) serves 1,593 students in Kigali, Rwanda. Green Hills Academy wishes to fill the below vacant position with a qualified, experienced, talented, capable, and dedicated individual to join the team to make a difference. The positions’ details are outlined below:
Director of Technology and Innovation
Purpose of the role:
This role supports the smooth running of the school applications and infrastructure and is individually accountable for achieving results through team efforts. The main purpose includes designing, configuring, installing, maintaining, and repairing network systems, subsystems and servers; overseeing the computer/server room operation and environment; providing information, direction, and/or recommendations regarding network installations and configurations including television, intercom, telephone, and wireless systems; resolving network operational issues; and providing technical support The Director of Technology and Innovation is a creative and dynamic leader charged with developing and implementing a strategic vision in all areas of technology for Green Hills Academy. The Director facilitates the integration of digital tools and best practices into curriculum, pedagogy, and administrative systems. Both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer, the Director engages with administrators, educators, support personnel, learners, and parents to develop responsible and creative use of technology.
The Director is a strategic thinker with strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, and the enthusiasm and credibility to create and sustain innovative use of technology in the school’s curriculum and pedagogy.
The Director oversees faculty development as it relates to integrating technology to improve teaching and learning and to meet the diverse learning needs of faculty members.
The Director works collaboratively with other school leaders to ensure that the technology program and services meet educational needs as well as the communication needs of the school. The Director also works with senior leaders in human resources, finance, operations, admissions, and public relations to ensure that their technology systems and needs are being addressed and supported.
The Director clearly defines the mission of the Technology Department to ensure all members are unified toward a common goal. They oversee the Department, guide, support, mentor, monitor, and evaluate technology team members to ensure that each of them serves as a strong leader and creates an environment of shared knowledge and purpose among the technology team.
The Director serves on the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Head of School.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Leadership and Professional Development
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the use of technology in the school in both educational and operational systems.
- Support the implementation of the school’s strategic plan.
- Maintain current knowledge and communicate current research findings and forecasts related to the effective use of technology in the school’s educational program.
- Provide current, cutting-edge information to support decision-making on academic and administrative technology matters.
- Serve as the primary leader for GHA’s 1 to 1 Chromebooks initiative, developing rollout strategies, planning and conducting teacher training, and communicating with and presenting to learners and parents as the program is launched.
- Champion changes in curriculum design and delivery in conjunction with other school leaders. In collaboration with the Head of School and Principals, oversee the professional development of the faculty on the integration of technology into the curriculum and pedagogy and provide direct professional development and coaching.
- Ensure that all educators have access to the appropriate tools for 21st-century learning.
- Contribute to the annual evaluation of teachers.
- Focus on ensuring that network and other technology resources are used safely and responsibly.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of technology programs and services in the school, including infrastructure implementation and maintenance, support of educators, and support staff in the management and use of hardware and equipment.
- Evaluate the performance of Technology Department employees and oversee training and support to enhance contributions.
- Oversee delegated responsibility of designing, developing, analyzing, and enhancing programs and applications.
Procurement and Budgeting
- Explore contracting with cloud-based and out-sourced services and negotiate advantageous contracts when appropriate.
- Effectively allocate and manage resources to support strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Provide leadership in the purchase and acquisition of new technology and equipment.
- Consult with appropriate stakeholders to coordinate, evaluate, recommend, and purchase new technology and equipment.
- Possess the understanding of industry-standard related practices and procedures of regulations and guidelines as they relate to the purchase and use of software (specifically copyright laws and the use of licensed equipment and materials).
- Develop and monitor annual instructional technology and technology operations budget in cooperation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Represent GHA professionally in interactions with staff, learners, parents, and community members and resolve conflict in a professional manner.
- Comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Respond willingly to emergency situations outside of the standard work schedule.
- Pitch in where needed even if it’s outside of normal responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
**These performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization*
Competencies: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Appropriate IT qualification. Bachelors in Information Technology with over 5 years in Educational Leadership and Educational Technology with practical technical support experience managing IT infrastructure with a broader knowledge across a variety of IT platforms in a school setting will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications including a brief cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant degrees as well as the names and contact information of three recent referees who have been direct supervisors to; email;- email@example.com by 5.00 p.m. on Friday 4th December 2020.
To learn more about GHA, please visit our website at www.greenhillsacademy.rw
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.