District Capacity Strengthening Advisor
RTI International’s Global Health Division (GHD) is seeking applicants for a District Capacity Strengthening Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA). The 5-year Task Order will seek to further strengthen the health system in Rwanda to provide quality health care services for Rwandans, increase financial protection and promote self-reliance. The Task Order is within the scope of USAID’s Integrated Health Systems (IHS) Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract. The position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Provide technical assistance and support to the Government of Rwanda (GoR). The advisor will undertake the following:
- Provide technical advice on accountability frameworks for health, including alignment of ministerial policies and directives with district implementation frameworks.
- Assist the Ministry of Health to support district governments, including oversight, supervision, public financial management, budgeting, and administration.
- Provide technical assistance to selected district governments to plan and implement health governance and management functions.
- Support capacity development efforts for district health managers to strengthen analytic and operational skills.
- Actively participate in the development of annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting related to project technical activities.
- Master's Degree or higher in public administration, public health, public policy, or a related technical degree.
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in applied public administration supporting decentralization and/or legislative reform efforts in East Africa and/or Rwanda (including public management reform, intergovernmental relations, administrative systems change).
- The selected candidate must have experience with the Rwandan health sector.
- Prior experience working with USAID-funded programs is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in providing technical leadership and advice to national and district government counterparts.
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance and writing technical reports.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning, program budgeting, and financial management, and program implementation, as related to international project implementation is preferred.
- Written and oral fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required. French is preferred.
How to Apply:
Submit a detailed CV to GHrecruitment@rti.org not later than 2nd August 2019.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
For more information about RTI’s work in global health, visit www.rti.org/globalhealth.