Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
District Manager - Ngoma
- About CNFA
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international agricultural development organization that specializes in designing sustainable, market-led agricultural, agribusiness and livestock initiatives. CNFA builds strong local and global partnerships, incorporates innovative approaches in its programs, and fosters inclusive development to offer enhanced opportunities to under-served groups. Since 1985, CNFA has managed more than $600 million in donor-funded agriculture development programs and has worked in 44 countries across the world in Africa, Eastern Europe, Latina America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, and South and Central Asia.
- Description Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
The Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze is a five-year activity funded by USAID Rwanda and implemented by CNFA. The primary objective of the Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmers’ income, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate.
To achieve this objective, CNFA will be implementing Hinga Weze in ten Districts in collaboration with different partners; and therefore needs to hire ten District managers to interact with the partners, manage the field officers and ensure effective and efficient implementation of Feed the Future Hinga Weze.
- Position Description
Reporting to the DCOP and Senior Agronomist or her designee, the District Manager will oversee all interventions of Feed the future Rwanda Hinga Weze in Ngoma District or another assigned District.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the technical implementation of Hinga Weze activities at District-level Office;
- Manage and supervise the following District staff: District agriculture and productivity officer; District business, market and finance development officer; District nutrition and gender officer; District outreach officer and; the District monitoring and evaluation officer.
- Liaise with RDO and other subcontractors to discuss how the above mentioned technical staff is involved in the implementation of the Hinga Weze activities at District level.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of District-level activities and collaboration in accordance with CNFA and USG policies and regulations, and in adherence to the proposed work plan;
- Assure that project activities align with the project implementation plans and calendar;
- Liaise with the District coordination committee to ensure that Hinga Weze activities align with the mission and development objectives of the District;
- Will supervise the respective District level staff and ensure that they liaise with District authorities to coordinate activities and work planning, by participating in Joint Action Development Forums and in the elaboration of District Development Plans, and other District-level planning activities with national and international donors, as appropriate, to ensure an integrated approach between Hinga Weze activities and those at the local level.
- Collaborate with District authorities and other stakeholders for smooth implementation of Feed the future Rwanda Hinga Weze
- The district manager will oversee the day to day management of Hinga Weze field operations in the District
- Will serve as District liaison between Hinga Weze and implementing partners
- Represent Hinga Weze in meetings regarding implementation of Hinga Weze activities in the District
- Support and technically help Hinga Weze District staff and make sure they are following Hinga Weze guidelines for implementation of activities and personally visit sites where Hinga Weze activities are being implemented on regular basis
- Coordinate all grants activities in District
- In collaboration with Hinga Weze District monitoring and evaluation coordinator, the District manager should critically analyze reports of Hinga Weze District staff to ensure that they are meeting quality standards and contributing to achieving Hinga Weze objectives and targets
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual work plans
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other reports as needed
- At least a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agriculture economics and agribusiness, rural development and business administration;
- 5 years of experience in project planning, project evaluation, agricultural extension, experience in improving farmers’ income, access to market and finance, experience working with local financial institutions; agriculture extension, and integration of nutrition-sensitive agriculture;
- Experience in collaborating with Districts;
- At least five years of experience in international NGOs, with at least 2 years’ experience in managerial positions;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
- Effective collaboration; willingness to innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining the quality of deliverables within deadlines;
- Possessing a motorcycle driving license would be a proven advantage;
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English. Working French is an added value.
- Job location
The District Manager will be based in Ngoma District.
- How to apply
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their applications with an application letter together with a detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of degrees and certificates, sent in PDF or Word format to email@example.com with the subject: APPLICATION For District Manager (DM) Ngoma not later than May 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.