FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda is currently seeking to recruit for the following position:
Position title: DREAMS Ambassador
Reports to: Program Technical Team Leader
Number of position: 2 (only girls and women)
Job location: Nyanza and Rwamagana Districts
Period: One year renewable based on performance
The DREAMS Ambassador will provide a representation of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) targeted under the DREAMS Initiative among the different stakeholders including Community, Local Government Leaders, the leadership of FXB Randa, Donor and anywhere else. She will be key in collecting and aggregating the voices of AGYWs and raise them to the attention of stakeholders to ensure their concerns are embedded within USAID Turengere Abana Program design.
- Act as the Chairperson for the Project Level Girls Engagement Forum (GEF) ensuring the mobilization, organization, documentation, and dissemination of GEF proceedings;
- In coordination with other Project GEF Members, build the capacity of District Level GEF to mobilize and increase AGYWs participation in governance and decision making through training and mentorship;
- Manage the DREAMS social media platform to engage young people in constructive conversations on HIV prevention;
- Coordinate and work with other youth ambassadors to be identified during program implementation to discuss, develop, and roll-out to identify strategies for supporting AGYW in fighting against HIV;
- Work with the project team especially the DREAMS Program Coordinator and DREAMS Program Officers/field staff to develop community engagement plans and social media strategies to guide interventions;
- Work with USAID team (local and international missions) to support DREAMS related initiatives;
- Support FXB Rwanda to effectively engage and functionalize GEF;
- Support AGYW in DREAMS district to advocate and demand accountability from FXB Rwanda and its leadership;
- Engage other DREAMS ambassadors across the African Region to identify strategies for supporting AGYW in their fight against HIV;
- Design creative and innovative ideas to promote HIV prevention among the Adolescent Girls and Young Women and address vulnerability among them;
- Mobilize young people to advocate for tolerance towards people affected by HIV and AIDS in their districts;
- Work with AGYWs to document their needs/concerns and raise these to relevant stakeholders at Community, Sector, District, National, and International Levels;
- Represent AGYWs in relevant national and regional meetings/conferences organized for the project and its ambassadors;
- Strengthen the leadership capacity of project youth leaders to increase their effectiveness in managing Youth Engagement Forums.
- Attend regional and national conferences related to DREAMS and other HIV prevention-related interventions (all travel and accommodation costs will be covered by FXB Rwanda;
- Engage with FXB Rwanda / DREAMS District team to plan for community engagement activities with AGYW;
- Commit her time to regularly conduct field visits and engage with AGYW in their safe spaces;
- Three hours every week to engage AGYW through social media using FXB Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter handle. Group whatsp is also an option for AGYW who can access whatsp;
- Attend national programmes for HIV prevention among AGYW;
- In collaboration with FXB Rwanda communication team, write at least one an article and or success story about the DREAMS project.
Area of Operation
- The Ambassador’s area of operation will be limited to one district where FXB Rwanda is implementing the DREAMS Initiative (Muhanga or Rwamagana District)
- The Ambassador will occasionally be required to attend regional and national conferences;
- She may be required to work with the organization and Program Team in additional duties related to DREAMS program implementation.
Support and Capacity Building to the AMBASSAADOR
In order to perform her duties effectively, FXB Rwanda will provide on-going support and capacity building to the ambassadors including, but not limited to;
- Administrative support to arrange for weekly check-ins, local and international travel draft activity plan and access social media platforms;
- Support from the Communications person and Project staff to develop the social media agenda and manage the content;
- Facilitation to attend project related training to strengthen her capacity to engage AGYW in an effective manner;
- Access internet and telephone services to facilitate social media and teleconference activities;
- Financial facilitation (transport refund) to facilitate the smooth running of the office and field-based activities by the Ambassador.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in public relations, communications, public health, social studies, nursing, or any other related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in health promotion activities and their communications;
- Computer literate to a high standard in Microsoft Office;
- Good communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda;
- Past experience in managing social media;
- Experience in a similar position will be an added advantage
- Experience in USAID funded programs is an added advantage
- Due to the position’s requirements and responsibilities, Only Girls and Women are allowed to apply for the position.
Interested candidates with required skills and competencies are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director at email@example.com. The applications include motivation letter, CVs, and a well-completed FXB application form (found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf ). The applicants should be willing to work from any districts between Nyanza and Rwamagana districts. The applications will be accepted not later than Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 5:00pm (local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.