Position Title: Driver Office Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Supervisor Name: TBD
Supervisor Title: Administration and Human Resources Officer
New or Replacement: New Position
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Expected Project End Date: 9/30/2022
Date of Submission: 7/30/2020
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff has a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance, and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks a driver for the ACHIEVE Rwanda OVC program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners. In Rwanda, ACHIEVE will provide case management and mentorship services to vulnerable adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), aimed at HIV prevention and facilitating access to HIV care and treatment for those that are HIV positive. The program will provide capacity development support for local implementing partners to design, implement, and track services received in accordance with PEPFAR requirements at the community level. The program will also provide capacity development support for local prime implementers of USAID PEPFAR orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and gender-based violence projects.
The Driver will report to the Administration and Human Resource Officer and will provide driving services and attend to vehicle maintenance.
- Operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and customer courtesy.
- Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and polite demeanor as prescribed by professional and local standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the office.
- Five years of driving experience with at least two years as an official driver for a company or organization.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and establish effective professional relationships with visitors and co-workers.
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports relating to vehicles, extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s).
- NGO working experience.
- English language skills.
- Local candidates preferred.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply
- All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: email@example.com not later than August 12, 2020 mentioning the position title as a subject to email.